I rarely wear dark shades. I think they are too stark against my pale skin. But yesterday I was in the right mood to do such a look, so I grabbed Sleek Makeup Arabian Nights eyeshadow palette, which is full of smokey, dark shades with buildable colour payoff. Here’s the result. What do you think?
– Too Faced Shadow Insurance
– Sleek Makeup Arabian Nights Smoke & Shadows I-Divine Eyeshadow Palette
– Pupa Vamp! Mascara in Chocolate Brown
– Dior Diorskin Nude Foundation
– Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit
– Nars Blush/Bronzer Duo In Orgasm & Laguna
– Senna Lip Lacquers in Sunstone
1. Apply an eyeshadow primer. Unless you have dry lids, this step is essential to ensure your makeup stays put all day.
2. Sweep a medium vivid blue (I used Simbad’s Seas in the Sleek Makeup Arabian Nights Eyeshadow Palette) on the crease. Blend.
3. Pat a shimmery forest green (I used Hocus Pocus in the Sleek Makeup Arabian Nights Eyeshadow Palette) on the medium and outer parts of the lid.
3. Darken the outer V with a dark, blackened navy (I used Black Magic in the Sleek Makeup Arabian Nights Eyeshadow Palette). If you want a more intense look, you can use a true black hue. I didn’t because I though that would be too harsh against my skintone. Then, with a pencil brush, apply the same shade on the lower lashline too.
4. Pat a soft, shimmery gold shade (I used Gold Souk in the Sleek Makeup Arabian Nights Eyeshadow Palette) on the inner parts of the lid and lower lashline. Blend where it meets with Hocus Pocus and Black Magic.
5. Sweep a soft peachy pink shade (I used Scheherazade’s Tale in the Sleek Makeup Arabian Nights Eyeshadow Palette) on the browbone. Blend.
6. Apply mascara.
FACE & LIPS
1. Apply foundation all over your face and concealer where needed. I used it to hide my dark circles.
2. Sweep a peachy pink blush with gold shimmers (I used Nars Orgasm Blush) on the apples of your cheeks.
3. Apply a sheer but shimmery golden amber shade (I used Senna Lip Lacquers in Sunstone) on your lips.