A couple of weeks ago, I reviewed BareMinerals Eyecolor in Exotic Tara, a beautiful and delicate turquoise shade chockfull of shimmers that brightens up your eyes and is impossible to overdo.
My friend Trisha asked me to a FOTD with it, so here’s what I’ve come up with. Unfortunately, this week I didn’t have the time to take step-by-step photos, but I hope you will enjoy the look anyway. I’ve provided instructions if you would like to recreate it.
– Too Faced Shadow Insurance
– Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
– Sleek Makeup I-Divine Original Eyeshadow Palette
– BareMinerals Eyecolor in Exotic Tara
– Sleek Makeup I-Divine Lagoon Eyeshadow Palette
– Kiko Volume Attraction Mascara
– Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Eclat in Beige Rosé
– Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer
– Milani Minerals Blush in Luminous
– Hourglass Prodigy Lipgloss in Heroine
1. Apply an eyeshadow primer all over the lid. This will prevent creasing and fading throughout the day.
2. As I’m using a loose eyeshadow on the lid, I applied a sticky base that imparts a pretty foiled look (Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy) on that area. If you prefer to use only pressed eyeshadows, you can skip this step.
3. Sweep a medium purple shade (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Original Eyeshadow Palette) on the crease.
4. Pat a soft turquoise pigment (I used BareMinerals Eyecolor in Exotic Tara) on the middle and outer parts of the lid.
5. Apply a light yellow shade (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Original Eyeshadow Palette) on the inner part of the lid and blend where it meets with Exotic Tara. With a pencil brush, apply the same shade on the lower lashline.
6. With a pencil brush, apply a touch of navy eyeshadow (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Original Eyeshadow Palette) on the crease (but don’t bring it up too much; you want to create a gradient not cover all the purple) to darken it. Apply on the outer part of the crease too. Blend. Then, apply it on the outer lower lashline too. Blend again.
7. Sweep an off white pearl shade (I used Oyster in the Sleek Makeup Lagoon Eyeshadow Palette) on the browbone to highlight.
8. Apply mascara.
FACE & LIPS
1. Apply foundation to even out the skintone and dab on concealer where needed. I used it to cover my dark circles.
2. Apply a peachy pink blush with gold shimmers (I used Milani Minerals Blush in Luminuous) on the apples of your cheeks.
3. Apply a sheer pink lipgloss (I used Hourglass Prodigy Lipgloss in Heroine) on your lips.