It’s no secret that I’m a lip balm addict. It’s the one product I can’t live without. I always have one on my night stand, one on my desk, one in my bag, not to mention the many disseminated all around my house… I need to have one with me at all times, just in case I need it, you know?
I’ve tried lots of lip balms throughout the years and, even when I think I’ve found one worthy of HG status, I’ll still keep looking for something new. But, in the end, I always come back to a few favourites. Here they are (in no particular order):
1. PeaceKeeper Cause-Metics Perfect As Is Balm: this lip balm will make you feel good both on the inside and out. Infused with a divine sweet rose scent and natural oils, including palm oil, olive oil, jojoba oil and coconut oil, this lip balm leaves lips soft, smooth and moisturized for hours. Plus, the brand donates all their after-tax profits to women’s health advocacy and urgent human rights issues, so, by buying it, you’ll be helping a good cause. Available at iampeacekeeper.com.
2. Labello Fruity Shine Cherry Tinted Lip Balm: Labello makes a ton of different lip balms in any flavour you can think of, but this one is my favourite. Infused with a sweet and delicious candy cherry scent, this lip balm has a moisturizing texture that leaves lips soft and smooth for about 3 hours and tints them with a subtle red hue. Plus, it also contains SPF 10 to keep your pout protected from UV rays. Available at amazon.com.
3. Haus Of Gloi Lip Balm: I have this in Gingersnap, which has been discontinued. But all the other delicious flavours have the same wonderful moisturizing formula, so whichever one you try, you’re bound to like it. The lip balms contains coconut oil, jojoba oil, pomegranate oil and shea butter, all of which are very moisturizing, making your lips soft and smooth, and protecting them against the upcoming harsh winter weather. Available at hausofgloi.com.
4. Alba Botanica Very Emollient Sunscreen Lip Care SPF 25: this lip balm contains a blend of oils, including sunflower oil, olive oil, castor oil and jojoba oil, that keeps your lips moisturized, while providing an antioxidant action. But that’s not all. It also protects your lips from the harmful UV rays thanks to a bunch of chemical UV filters and Zinc Oxide. Available at albabotanica.com.
5. I Provenzali Stick Labbra al Karitè: one of the most moisturizing and longlasting lip balms I’ve ever tried, it keeps lips soft and smooth for hours thanks to castor oil and shea butter. Unfortunately, it’s not easily available outside of Italy, but if you happen to come across it, do give it a try.
Have you tried any of these lip balms? What is your favourite lip balm?