Sunday Random Ramblings, Vol.88

Hello everyone,

I hope you will enjoy this week’s random ramblings. Let’s get started:

Luisa Beccaria

luisa beccaria
Luisa Beccaria is one of my favourite Italian designers. I love her feminine and elegant neoromantic style. She uses precious materials, which she then cuts perfectly and decorates with delicate embroidery and lace. And although she prefers pastel shades, she also loves to play with bolder hues every now and then. Luisa Beccaria clothes are often vintage inspired, but still feel very modern. She definitely knows what a woman wants to wear. Now, if I could only afford her creations… *sighs* Do you like Luisa Beccaria?

What I’m Reading Now

six women of salem marilynne roach
Six Women of Salem: The Untold Story of the Accused and Their Accusers in the Salem Witch Trials by Marilynne K. Roach. The book tells the story of six women involved in the Salem witch trials: Tituba, the slave who, with her accusations, started it all; Rebecca Nurse and Bridget Bishop, two old ladies accused of witchcraft and condemned to death; Ann Putnam, a young girl who accused witches of tormenting her; Mary English, a rich woman who was accused of witchcraft but managed to flee from prison; and Mary Warren, who turned from accused to accuser. The book is divided into three parts. In the first, we learn the stories of these women before the trials, and in the last, what happened to them and their families afterwards. In the middle, the story of the Salem witch trials unfolds. Each chapter begins and ends with a fictional account of the protagonists that makes readers relate to them and realise that they all were real people, with hopes, dreams, fears and problems, once. It’s really heartbreaking to read how little it took (usually just the word of a hysterical girl) to condemn an innocent woman to death, and yet you’ll find it hard to dislike the accusers. If you’re interested in the Salem witch trials, give it a go. After the first few pages, which are full of dates and family trees, the book becomes engrossing. You won’t be able to put it down.

The Links

Hair Romance reminds us of what hair products we need in our handbags.

Beautyholics Anonymous raves about Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder. Is it better than Guerlain Meteorites?

Beauty Redefined encourages us not to let a bad photo of us affect our self-esteem.

Chemists Corner shares the difficulties of creating natural cosmetic products.

Colins Beauty Pages
explains what cross sensitivity is. If you’re prone to allergies, you must read this.

Sunday Survey, Vol.167

1. What was your first car?
I rarely drive (it’s better for everyone, trust me!), so I never had a car of my own. But if I did, it’d be small and pink. :)

2. What level of SPF do you use on a daily bases?
SPF 30. I’ll wear an higher SPF sometimes, but for most days I feel like SPF 30 is enough.

3. Something you need to do today?
Get a present for my mom. It’s her birthday tomorrow and I still haven’t bought her anything. Bad daughter, I know. But I’ve been so busy lately, I just didn’t have the time to go shopping.

4. Skittles or M&M’s?
M&M’s!

5. What do you think of heel less platform shoes?
I don’t understand how women can walk in them! They look so uncomfortable!

It’s your turn now!
1. What was your first car?
2. What level of SPF do you use on a daily bases?
3. Something you need to do today?
4. Skittles or M&M’s?
5. What do you think of heel less platform shoes?

Comments

Oh dear, the second one of the Beccaria’s designs!
    WANT WANT WANT
    It reminds me of my grandma’s treasured tablecloths… in the best possible way :D .

I know what they mean when they talk about bad photos all too well.
    For some reason, I photograph strange.

I don’t mind being ugly in a photo, but it’s not that they ugly, they’re… strange.
    My angles + cameras = huh?
    Like it’s not me that’s being photographed, but some second cousin – you can see the resemblance, but you would never say “Oh, that’s Ana’s picture”. A big problem if we’re talking ID photos, and we are, sinceI evade having my photo taken because of the whole angles+camera=weirdness issue.
    Ugly? Not a problem. Unrecognizable? Problem.

Not exactly what they addressed, but I had to share :P .
    Ana´s last blog post ..Y33 on NeochaEDGEMy Profile

• says

1. I don’t own a car.
      The culture (or my perception of it) of having at least a car per person strange and wasteful these days seems so strange to me.
      I can never wrap my head around the “must have their own car” part of some people’s dating profiles (and the fact that that is a condition is taken as read).

2. Um… Bad Ana!

3. Do some proof-reading, do some typing, wash my hair, try out some new, shiny nail stickers.

4. Skittles!

5. You mean creepers? No.
      Haven’t seen one I’d like.
      Ana´s last blog post ..jothelibrarian:

Pretty medieval manuscript of the day shows…My Profile

Ana, that dress is gorgeous, isn’t it? Love all the intricate details. :)

That must be so annoying! It’s bad enough for “fun” pictures, but it must be a nightmare when someone asks to check out your ID.

Having your own car just for the sake of it is wasteful indeed. Although in some countries/towns having a car per person may be a necessity. Like here, public transportation sucks, especially if you live in small villages. Then you probably won’t be able to go out in the evening because there is no way to get home, unless you hire a tax, which is expensive. And in big cities, buses are always late. And taking the bike can be dangerous as Italian drivers are very reckless. But to have a car just because it is cool is something I don’t get either. If you need it fine, if not, you can just as well do without.

1. What was your first car? An Opel Corsa, 3 door.

2. What level of SPF do you use on a daily bases? Whatever is in my foundation I am afraid, so usually just SPF 15.

3. Something you need to do today? Get some household work done, and do a look for the blog.

4. Skittles or M&M’s? M&M’s!

5. What do you think of heel less platform shoes? Looks a bit gaga ;-)
    Kiss & Make-up´s last blog post ..Make-up look | Fall 2013 make-up look with IsaDoraMy Profile

Kiss & Make-up, I agree. It looks very Gaga indeed. I don’t know how she manages to walk in those things. I’d fall down and break a leg if I just dared to take a step lol.

1. What was your first car? Sea Ibiza sport version :) Now I have a WV Golf and I rarely drive too.
    2. What level of SPF do you use on a daily bases? I use face creams and foundations with SPF 15
    3. Something you need to do today? To edit about 100 photos and write 4 articles that are pressing me but I don’t know if I’ll do it. I feel so lazy right now because I didn’t get to much sleep. Happy Birthday to your mom! Make sure you buy her a nice present! :)
    4. Skittles or M&M’s? M&M with chocolate all the way! :)
    5. What do you think of heel less platform shoes? If you are in a hurry how can you manage to walk in those? :)
    Tavia´s last blog post ..Givenchy Ondulations Precieuses Collection Holiday 2013My Profile

Tavia, thank you for the birthday wishes for my mum. I’ll pass them on. And I definitely will!

I wouldn’t be able to walk in them even if I wasn’t in a hurry! lol. :)