Name: Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Eyeshadow in Bold Gold
From Maybelline’s website:
Dare to wear 24HR shadow.
- Ink technology creates 24HR wear shadow for our most intense, long-lasting color saturation
- Cream formula glides on without creasing and keeps color vibrant
What I liked:
- good colour payoff
- texture glides on smoothly and is easy to blend
- once set, it doesn’t budge nor crease for at least 8 hours
- doubles up as a base for powder eyeshadows
What I didn’t like:
- dries really quickly so you need to apply it fast or you may end up with a patchy application
- slightly less pigmented and smooth than the other shades in the range
- like all cream eyeshadows, it can dry out if you don’t close the lid well
I’ve already raved about Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Eyeshadows here and here, and about how they remain, even on oily lids, exactly where you put them for at least 8 hours, before they slowly start to crease and fade. Knowing my love for them, my friend Janessa sent me another shade, Bold Gold, a stunning tarnished, medium-dark gold with a shimmery finish.
Bold Gold is as longlasting as all the other shades in the range, but not as pigmented. Despite its name, the gold becomes bold only when you layer it, which is easy to do. One coat will only provide a soft wash of colour that’s very luminous but not fully opaque. It looks pretty either way, so it’s up to you to decide how intense you want it to be. Me, I just pack it on.
Because of how shimmery it is, Bold Gold is also less smooth than the other Color Tattoo eyeshadows, but still applies and blends easily on the lid. As long as you’re quick, that is. This stuff dries really fast, so if you’re too slow, you may end up with a patchy application. Oh, and of course, make sure you close the lid well after every use if you don’t want the colour to dry out.
Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Eyeshadow in Bold Gold is a shimmery, tarnished gold that, although not fully opaque in one coat, can easily be built up for more intensity. Although not as smooth as the other shades in this range, it has the same staying power: it starts creasing and fading, but only minimally, after 8 hours of wear, even on oily lids.