After a long and rainy spring, the hot weather is finally here. To celebrate, I decided to do a neon look using my Sleek Makeup Acid palette. I wanted to do a bright yellow and green look, but I had forgotten how sheer the green in this palette is. Even though I built it up, it barely shows up. Yet, I like the result.
I think that because of its sheerness, this look is more wearable than it would otherwise have been. And I received a lot of compliments while wearing it. Even my mom, who usually hates it when I’m wearing bold eyeshadows, said she loved it. Here’s how you can achieve it:
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Sleek Makeup I-Divine Au Naturel Eyeshadow Palette
- Sleek Makeup I-Divine Acid Eyeshadow Palette
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Zero
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Binge
- Guerlain Cils D’Enfer Mascara
- Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Eclat in Beige Rosé
- Layla Correttore Anticernes in Stick
- Sleek Makeup Blush By 3 in Sugar
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Coral Reef
1. Prime your lids with an eyeshadow base that will make the eyeshadows stay put throughout the day and improve their colour payoff. Then, sweep a matte dark brown shade (I used Bark in the Sleek Makeup Au Naturel palette) on the crease.
2. Pat a neon yellow shade (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Acid Eyeshadow Palette) on the inner and middle parts of the lid.
3. Pat a sheer neon green shade (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Acid Eyeshadow Palette) on the outer part of the lid. Blend where it meets with the yellow.
4. Apply a matte white shade (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Eyeshadow Palette) on the browbone. Blend.
5. With a pencil brush, sweep a bright dark blue shade (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Eyeshadow Palette) on the outer and middle parts of the lower lashline.
6. Apply a bright sky blue shade (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Eyeshadow Palette) on the inner part of the lid. Blend.
7. Line your upper lashline with a black pencil eyeliner (I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Zero).
8. Line your waterline with a blue pencil eyeliner (I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils in Binge). Apply mascara.
CHEEKS & LIPS
1. Apply foundation all over your face to even out the skintone and dab on concealer where needed.
2. Apply a warm, matte orange brown (I used Turbinado in the Sleek Makeup Blush By 3 in Sugar palette) on your cheeks.
3. Sweep a coral gloss (I used Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Coral Reef) on your lips.