Sunday Random Ramblings, Vol.72

Hello everyone,

can you believe it’s already Sunday again? Where did this week go?! Well, let’s finish it off with some random ramblings, shall we?

Charmnest

charmnest
Charmnest is a brand new fashion accessory shop that sources beautiful, unique and trendy designs, all hand-picked from around the world. And the best part? All the accessories are very affordable. You can get rings for as little as £1.50, while necklaces start at £4.00! So, what are you waiting for? Go check it out now!

What I’m Reading Now

poirots early cases agatha christie
Poirot’s Early Cases by Agatha Christie. This is a collection of 18 short stories about Poirot’s early cases. I had already read half of these stories in other collections, and rereading them again was quite boring (what’s the fun if you can remember who the culprit is, after all?), but the others were new, and very enjoyable to me. The most interesting was about a murder Poirot failed to solve. For once, he had misread the evidence and arrived to the wrong conclusion! Some of the stories were also later expanded and turned into popular novels. It was fascinating to see how these were born and the differences between the two. Once again, Agatha Christie doesn’t disappoint. Although, due to the short length of the story, there are very few suspects, making it easier to figure out whodunnit it, there are also enough false clues and red herrings to often surprise the reader at the final revelations. Overall, this is a great introduction to Poirot and his world.

The Links

Mental Floss shares 7 terrifying beauty practices from history.

Lab Muffin explains what stem cells are doing in your skincare products.

Future Derm explains what’s the amount of sunscreen necessary to achieve the labelled SPF rating.

Musical Houses shares a tutorial on how to do chalkboard nails.

Makeup 4 All shares her top 5 favourite products from Rouge Bunny Rouge.

Sunday Survey, Vol.151

1. Do/did you keep a personal diary?
I tried when I was in primary school. I had received a diary as a gift and started jotting down my thoughts and what had happened to me throughout the day, but I soon lost interest. I just didn’t think I had anything relevant to share, not even with just a diary, back then.

2. Best everyday blush?
I love Milani Minerals Blush in Luminous, which I think has recently been discontinued? It’s a beautiful peachy pink blush with gold shimmers that provides a natural and radiant flush to my cheeks. Although the shimmers aren’t over the top, they are so luminous that I don’t need to use a separate highlighter with it.

3. What’s the weather like in your neck of the woods?
Very variable. One day it’s cold and raining, the next is hot and sunny. It’s driving me nuts.

4. Cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese on pizza?
Mozzarella cheese, hands down! I like cheddar cheese, but it doesn’t taste good on pizza, at least not when it’s the only type of cheese used.

5. What do you think of overalls?
Not my style, sorry. I’d wear them only for doing dirty work around the house.

It’s your turn now!
1. Do/did you keep a personal diary?
2. Best everyday blush?
3. What’s the weather like in your neck of the woods?
4. Cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese on pizza?
5. What do you think of overalls?

Comments

Icaria, I’ve had my eye on Rose Ambré for a while, but unfortunately, it’s not available here.

And I agree. Mozzarella is definitely the best cheese for pizza.

1. Do/did you keep a personal diary? Nope, never did actually!
    2. Best everyday blush? NYX Angel :)
    3. What’s the weather like in your neck of the woods? We have summer temperatures right now, which is way to much than I can handle. I mean I love summer but 32 degrees Celsius is a lot!
    4. Cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese on pizza? No cheese :)
    5. What do you think of overalls? They used to be in fashion about 17 years ago when I was in high school and I like them a lot….but I don’t have the body for them. :)

PS: I love Poirot :). Me and my bf have seen the serial over and over again. We like to watch the series on our laptops before sleep. :)
    Tavia´s last blog post ..Rouge Bunny Rouge Anti-Ageing Seraphic Veil Moisturizer – Review & PhotosMy Profile

Tavia, I really envy you your hot weather at the moment. It’s a lot indeed, but it’s been raining so much here lately that I’d willingly put up with it, at least for a while. :)

I love the Poirot movies too, they are really good. :)

First of all, thanks for the link!
    1. Do/did you keep a personal diary? No, I was always afraid someone could find it)
    2. Best everyday blush? I can’t pick one.
    3. What’s the weather like in your neck of the woods? It was pretty hot last week but today it’s a bit cooler, yay.
    4. Cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese on pizza? I like both.
    5. What do you think of overalls?I don’t own/wear those
    Marina(Makeup4all)´s last blog post ..Get The Look: Emily Blunt at MET Gala 2013My Profile

Marina, you’re welcome. :)

A personal diary must be well-hidden indeed. It’d be awful if someone found it and read it.

3. Janessa says

I used to! In fact, I’d write in it every night and my parents would help me with spelling words. After a few entries I probably stopped. I’ve bought quite a considerable amount of journals hoping to write in them but I always feared someone would read them. I dug up an old journal a few months ago from many years back and it was a bit shocking that I had such similar thoughts as I do now. I also found it exciting to read my old entries, as if I were catching a glimpse of the past me.

Janessa, it’s always fascinating to reread what you have written, isn’t it? But it is so hard to maintain a journal, especially if you don’t have a safe place to hide it.

4. Janessa says

Woops, that was the answer to #1.
    2. I have soo many! My favorites are MAC. Fleur Power, Laura Mercier Rose Petal, and MAC Blushbaby. I want to try Nars Sex Appeal and Benefit Hervana though.
    3. It’s pretty warm, bordering hot during the day and pleasantly cool at night.ive never heard of that saying before “neck of the woods.” At first I thought, “I don’t have woods where I live!” :P
    4. Mozzarella definitely. I haven’t even tried cheddar on pizza but I eat cheese every day and I only like cheddar in pasta (sometimes) and almost always on toast.
    5. I’ve wanted a pair for a few months now! I really like them but I can’t seem to find fashionable ones that dont cost a fortune.

Janessa, don’t try cheddar on pizza. It tastes awful. I did try it abroad but never again. I’d just rather make my own with mozzarella. Cheddar is yummy, but it doesn’t really go on pizza.