QOTW: What Was Your First Lipstick?

revlon super lustrous lipstick primrose 02

What was your first lipstick?

My answer: I don’t remember the name, but it was a pink one from L’Oreal.

Comments

1. 3

Julia says

A “nude” lipstick from elf. I think I was 17 or so. It was orange. Smelled like old crayon… and applied like it, too, so chalky and waxy. I like quite a few things from elf, but lipstick is NOT one of them lol!

• 4

beautifulwithbrains says

Julia, I’m sorry your first lipstick purchase was disappointing. That lipstick sounds awful!

2. 7

Janessa says

Probably a Clinique lipstick from their GWP’s my mom gave me. :) it was a red color and boy did I steer clear of lipsticks for a while until I learnt not all lipsticks are bold and dry.

3. 9

Helen says

Twilight teaser from No.7 It was a pink that had a slight purple tinge to it in different light. In my defense this was in the 1980’s :)

• 10

beautifulwithbrains says

Helen, from the way you described it, I find the colour quite intriguing. But it does sound very ’80s too. :)

4. 11

Ozlicious says

I stuck with glosses or The Body Shop Born Lippy balms until I was 17 or 18. My first lipstick was a L’Oreal Shine Delice in the old light pink tube. They were all berry-themed if I remember correctly…ranging from a light pink strawberry through to a dark mulberry. I started off with the raspberry one which was a medium sheer pinky red. I think I then ended up with a few others because I loved the fragrance! They were quite long-lasting as well! I’d happily purchase again if I came across them in their old form.

Given that it was 12 years ago I’m surprised I remembered such detail but they clearly made an impact.

• 12

beautifulwithbrains says

Ozlicious, I’m glad you liked your first lipstick so much. It must have been amazing. Mine was from L’Oreal too but I don’t really remember it. Fragrance is so important, isn’t it? It can really make or break a purchase.