it’s been a while since I used loose eyeshadows in a look so I thought it was high time I remedied that. So, I decided to use one of my favourite shades from Shiro Cosmetics, Mew, a stunning strawberry pink with yellow undertones and paired it with purple. I really love how the look turned out. It’s bright but also feminine.
I’m sorry the pictures of the finished look are so small this time. I was resizing the photos for the tutorial and stupidly reduced their size too much by mistake too. I’ll try and be more careful next time. But without further ado, here’s the look, and the list of the products I used:
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
- Shiro Cosmetics Loose Eyeshadow in Mew
- Black Up Pearl Powder in PP15
- Sleek Makeup I-Divine Oh So Special Eyeshadow Palette
- Pupa True Eyes Eyeliner
- Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash
- Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Magic
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Coral Reef
1. Apply an eyeshadow base to ensure your makeup will stay put for hours and, because we’re using pigments, also a primer formulated to make the loose powder better “stick” to the lid and bring out the shimmers, such as Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy.
2. Pat a bright strawberry pink shade with a very subtle peachy-yellow tone (I used Shiro Cosmetics Loose Eyeshadow in Mew) on the lid.
3. With a pencil brush, apply a rich purple shade with gold and bronze shimmers (I used Black Up Pearl Powder in PP15) on the outer V and crease.
4. Now, take a blending brush, such as MAC 217 Blending Brush, and blend the purple out.
5. Pat a pink shade with gold iridescence (I used Gateau in the Sleek Makeup Oh So Special Eyeshadow Palette) on the middle part of the lid. The gold iridescence will really shine when the light hits it, producing a beautiful effect.
6. Sweep a matte cream shade (I used Bow in the Sleek Makeup Oh So Special Eyeshadow Palette) on the browbone and the inner corner of the eyes.
7. Apply the purple shade you previously used on the lower lashline as well.
8. Line your upper lashline with a black pencil liner and apply mascara.
CHEEKS & LIPS
1. My skin is behaving at the moment, so I only dabbed on concealer on my undereye area but you can use foundation too, if you need it.
2. Sweep a matte coral pink blush (I used Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Magic) on the apples of your cheeks.
3. Apply a orangey coral lipgloss (I used Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Coral Reef) on your lips.