Looks: Green Martini

green martini 01

Hello everyone,

remember the readers’ feedback survey I asked you to take last month? Well, a few of you offered some useful suggestions on how to improve my FOTD posts. You wanted me to post step-by-step photos and separate the instructions of the eye makeup from those of the rest of the face. So, that’s exactly what I did with this look.

I hope you like these new changes. Please, let me know what you think of them and if you have any further suggestion to offer. Feedback and constructive criticism are always appreciated. Without further ado, here’s the look and the products I used to create it:

Products used:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Sleek Makeup I-Divine Curacao Eyeshadow Palette
Sleek Makeup I-Divine Original Eyeshadow Palette
– Catrice Intensif’Eye Wet & Dry Eyeshadow in Have You Seen Alice?
Pupa True Eyes Eyeliner
– Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash
-Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint SPF15
Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer
Fyrinnae Finishing Powder Oil Control
– Benefit Coralista Blush
Benefit High Beam
– Benefit Ultra Plush Lipgloss in Coralista

green martini tutorial

EYES
1. Apply an eyeshadow base (I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance) all over the lid to make sure your makeup will stay put for the whole day.
2. Apply a khaki green with gold shimmers (I used Green Martini in the Sleek Makeup Curacao Eyeshadow Palette) on the crease and lower lashline.
3. Sweep a soft and shimmery military green (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Original Eyeshadow Palette) on the crease on top of Green Martini to create a nice gradient.
4. Apply a dark green eyeshadow (I used Catrice Intensif’Eye Wet & Dry Eyeshadow in Have You Seen Alice?) on the inner and middle parts of the lid.
5. Apply a black shade (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Original Eyeshadow Palette) on the outer parts of the lid and the lower lashline. Blend.
6. Apply a pearly bright green (I used Apres Midori in the Sleek Makeup Curacao Eyeshadow Palette) on the inner corner of the eye. Blend.
7. Sweep a shimmering yellow shade (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Original Eyeshadow Palette) on the browbone to highlight.
8. Line your eyes with a black pencil liner (I used Pupa True Eyes Eyeliner) and apply mascara.

FACE & LIPS
1. Apply foundation or tinted moisturizer all over your face to even out the skintone, dab on concealer where needed and set everything with powder.
2. Sweep a coral pink blush (I used Benefit Coralista Blush) on the apples of your cheeks and apply a pink highlighter (I used Benefit High Beam) on those areas where the light naturally hits your face, such as your cheekbones, forehead, chin and bridge of the nose.
3. Apply a sheer peachy coral lipgloss (I use Benefit Ultra Plush in Coralista) on your lips.

green martini 02

green martini 03

Comments

1. Mylanqolia says

Ooooh, I like this eye make up a lot (it’s green so it’s no surprise)! The mini picture tutorial is a lovely idea, btw.

2. Janessa says

BEAUTIFUL! I am in love. I’m actually really critical about makeup looks though it may not seem that way here because all your make looks seamless.
    !You took my feedback! The photos help make the instructions so much easier to follow and to refer to. :] You’ve separated the eyes and lips too :D

Ah, I’m so happy that my comments are so highly taken into consideration. I must also mention how much I love commenting here because you’re so thoughtful and because your commenters are nice (almost mostly). I’ve come across blogs where I’ve commented and received negative replies from the community.
    While it’s not the blogger’s fault, I don’t follow or comment on their blog anymore.

Janessa, thanks. And you’re too good to me. I’m always wary of posting makeup looks because I find so many flaws with them, but I’m glad you like them.

And thank you so much for your feedback. It’s very appreciated. I can’t promise I’ll be able to take step by step photos every week as it is quite time-consuming, but I will definitely try my best to take them as often as possible as I really love this new format. It’s neater and easier to follow, so thank you for suggesting it. :)

Oh, I’m so sorry you received negative replies. Sometimes, some readers can become such hard-core fans who take even constructive criticism as a personal attack to the blogger and react accordingly. While it’s not the blogger’s fault, I still think it’s her/his job to set the tone of the conversation, to make sure that everyone is made to feel welcome and to promptly react to such excesses so as to make clear they won’t be tolerated. People are bound to disagree, but they should do so in a civil and polite manner. :)

• Janessa says

Oh, of course not for every makeup look. Just the more complicated ones or even just for the tricky steps is plenty enough. I am happy with whatever you put on your blog, it’s all been quality.

Which is how you handle disagreements :].

Janessa, aww thank you! And I don’t mind doing this for every look, as long as I have the time to. After trying it, I think it’s a better format for the readers too, and after all, it’s for you all that I’m working so hard. :)

Annabella, thanks. I really love the combination of peachy lips and green eyes. I think they go very well together. :)