QOTW: Do You Believe In Anti-Aging Products?

are antiaging products effective

Do you believe in anti-aging products?

My answer: I believe that sunscreens and products that are chockfull of antioxidants and retinoids can prevent a lot of damage and make us age slower and gracefully, but they definitely don’t have a Botox-like effect. No topical product can make wrinkles disappear nor make you look 10 years younger.

Comments

1. Janessa says

Only magic can anti-age someone or some future technology. I believe products can slow down aging, but aging is natural and inevitable.

I agree with you. Also, any antioxidant-rich product has to be in opaque, non-jar packaging to keep light out. I notice a LOT of brands don’t acknowledge this, and package many of their moisturizers in jars and then say they are great because they have antioxidants… even though those antioxidants will be rendered ineffective by that packaging!
    eight´s last blog post ..Topbox February 2013 Review, PhotosMy Profile

Eight, that’s so true! Thanks for the remainder. It’s so annoying when brands package their well-formulated products in jars and glass bottles that won’t keep them stable for long. What a waste!

• says

It’s true! The only exception I’ll make is for certain products that come in clear packaging, but a fully-covering box. When I get it home, it can come out of that box and stay in my bathroom closet, away from light! Still, I wish darker packaging would become a standard on sensitive ingredients…
        BebeTaian´s last blog post ..Secret Projects + Upcoming EventsMy Profile

BebeTaian, I wish so too! Sadly, I don’t think that’ll happen anytime soon. Too many women are still fond of jars for brands to replace them with a less appealing, although more functional, packaging. *sighs*

Annabella, I agree! Bad habits can really take their toll on the skin and no topical product can undo that.