Sunday Random Ramblings, Vol.58

Hello everyone,

ready for this Sunday’s random ramblings? Let’s get started then:

Readers’ Feedback Survey Reminder And Partial Results

survey

A huge thank you to everyone who has taken the time to fill in my readers’ feedback survey. I really appreciate it. If you haven’t yet, please consider it. Both your positive and negative feedback is very important to me and will help me improve the blog. To take the survey, please click here. So far it seems that the things you’re most unhappy with are the layout and the FOTDs, which I’m not surprised as I feel they could be improved too, but I wasn’t sure how which is why your suggestions and critics are so useful to me.

Some of you have suggested I do step-by-step FOTDs, especially so that I can better show you different techniques. I plan to try this soon, but because it requires more work, I can’t promise it’ll be a weekly feature. As for the layout, I’m not very techy and I’m not very good with HTML, CSS and Photoshop, but I’ll see what I can do. I know what I want it to look like, but I’m not sure how to do it myself, so please bear with me while I figure it out. In the meantime, you still have a few days left to tell me what you think of the blog, what you love, what you hate and what you want changed. If you have something to say, but for some reason don’t want to take the survey, just share your thoughts in the comments. I can’t wait to hear from you!

What I’m Reading Now

every last one anna quindlen
Every Last One by Anna Quindlen. I rarely cry at books, but this one made me shed quite a few tears. It’s a difficult read because it’s very raw and powerful, and will make you very uneasy, especially if you have children. The first part of the book, I have to say, is quite boring as the protagonist just rambles on about all kinds of random stuff and you just wonder what she’s trying getting at, and for a while I toyed with the idea of discarding it and moving to something else but I’m glad I didn’t. This first part serves to prepare the stage for the big tragedy that occurs half-way through the book. The second shows how the family is dealing with what has happened. It’s hard to review this book without giving too much away, so let’s just say it deals with some powerful themes like depression, grief, tragedy and how life can change forever in the blink of an eye. If you decide to read it, keep your Kleenex at the ready, you’ll need them.

The Links

Of Faces And Fingers wonders if collagen skincare and supplements really work?

Ask Me Whats shares some useful makeup tips for older skin.

While you’re there, also check out this interesting post about nail art brushes and their uses.

Beaut.ie reviews Benefit Fine One One.

Lab Muffin explains how to put on false eyelashes.

Deals Of The Week

ELF: Buy one, get one 50% off with a minimum $20.13 purchase using coupon code BOGO50! This offer is valid 1/23 through 1/28.

Drugstore.com: Buy any CoverGirl item and get the 2nd 50% off at drugstore.com! . Ends 1/28 or while supplies last.

Hostgator: 30% off on any web hosting sign-ups when you use the coupon NEWYEAR30.

Sunday Survey, Vol.137

1. Are you a born worrier?
Oh yes, I worry about pretty much everything. Although at this point I do it more out of habit than anything else.

2. What was the last lipgloss you finished?
I don’t think I have ever finished one actually. I just have too many… :oops:

3. Are you wearing sunscreen today?
Yep, I wear it religiously every day.

4. Do you use salt or herbs to spice up your food?
I’ve always used salt, but lately, thanks to my boyfriend, I’ve been using herbs more and more. They’re healthier and tastier. My favourites are oregano and wild fennel.

5. Do you like fingerless gloves?
Yep, but I wouldn’t wear them when it’s really cold.

It’s your turn now!
1. Are you a born worrier?
2. What was the last lipgloss you finished?
3. Are you wearing sunscreen today?
4. Do you use salt or herbs to spice up your food?
5. Do you like fingerless gloves?

Comments

1. Are you a born worrier? I used to worry about a lot of things but it makes things only worse so I’ve improved a lot. By this I mean that I don’t worry that much these days.
    2. What was the last lipgloss you finished? Clarins instant light. It’s amazing, I am getting a new tube soon.
    3. Are you wearing sunscreen today? I use a cream with SPF15 in it.
    4. Do you use salt or herbs to spice up your food? yes, sometimes.
    5. Do you like fingerless gloves? I don’t wear them personally and don’t think they look good on everyone.
    Marina(Makeup4all)´s last blog post ..Favourite Beauty Products of 2012: SkincareMy Profile

Marina, I agree. It’s ok to worry about some serious things sometimes, but most of the time, it just makes it worse, so there’s no point in doing it.

I couldn’t send the form because it flagged all the multiple choice questions as “You need to select more choices”.

For the “How would you describe the writing style and post frequency? (check all that apply) *” I checked three options… and I don’t want to check anything more: I checked “Number of posts per day is just fine” and I feel like I should check “Too few posts per day/Too many posts per day” just to get through it.

1. Born? No. But I should probably worry a bit less.
    5. Love them!
    Ana´s last blog post ..booksnbuildings:

Copper gilt book cover, set with plaques…My Profile

Ana, sorry about that and thanks for letting me know. I think I’ve fixed it now, so could you please try taking it again and let me know if it works? Thanks! :)

1. Born no but as I’m getting older I do worry more.
    2. I don’t think I’ve ever finished one either.
    3. Today I’m wearing an SPF moisturizer since I’m not going out.
    4. I actually like both but I’m trying to reduce my salt intake slowly.
    5. I can’t remember wearing any. My daughter has a few pairs & I like them. I should get a pair for myself. :)
    Icaria´s last blog post ..Notable Reads of the Week, Vol. 8My Profile

Icaria, it’s really hard to finish a tube of lipsgloss isn’t it? They seem so small, yet they last for ages!

1. Are you a born worrier? I like to think that I’m not but in the last couple of years have been very stressful for me, lots of problems so I began to worry even for the little things and I hate that.
    2. What was the last lipgloss you finished? Hmmm…that’s a though one because lately I haven’t finish any lip products. I’m using lots of lipglosses but due to this hard winter I’ve been using more lip balms than ever. :)
    3. Are you wearing sunscreen today? Nope. :)
    4. Do you use salt or herbs to spice up your food? Yep, all the time and I think I’m using to much salt but I was raised with home cooked meals and herbs and spices were a must so I use them too. :)
    5. Do you like fingerless gloves?
    Tavia´s last blog post ..Urban Decay Spring 2013 New Mono Eyeshadows & Moonflower Build Your Own Palette – Info & PhotosMy Profile

I’m too late for the survey but I’ll give my feedback anyway. I love your blog, and I purposely read every few weeks so that I have lots of posts to go through. I don’t know why I do this but your blog and a cup of coffee go well together!

I’ve always appreciated the variety of posts that you do, even though I’m not into makeup as much as you I still like seeing what looks you come up with. You may not realise it but when I’m down about my blog I look to yours for inspiration. You are always consistent and it’s amazing how often you post!
    Annabella Freeman´s last blog post ..Ooh la la – Esteny Hot Massage Body Scrub reviewMy Profile