QOTW: What Is Your Favourite Makeup Style?

What is your favourite makeup style?

My answer: bright and colourful eye makeup. The crazier the colour combinations, the better. I love them because they allow me to express my creativity and they are more wearable than most people think. If done right, they don’t look clownish at all.

Comments

Although there was a time I used to go with the colors of what I was wearing, matchy-matchy or create a contrast depending on the statement I wanted to make. Now I prefer a more classic style and depending on the occasion I’ll dab a spot of color.
    Icaria´s last blog post ..One Year Already!My Profile

Icaria, I’m still in the matchy-matchy phase myself, I find it really fun. And you can’t go wrong with a classic style.

2. Janessa says

My favorite style is hands down artsy, elaborate makeup like that of Illamasqua collections or runway makeup.
    For everyday life, I love bold lips and colorful eyes (not necessarily together). Even though you’re not asking this, my least favorite is just poorly done makeup haha. Makes me want to go up to the person and fix it for them.

Janessa, I love those artistic looks too. They can be really breathtaking! And I agree re poorly applied makeup. Nothing looks good if it’s not applied well.

Tavia, that’s a beautiful smokey eye! Golds and neutrals are more appropriate for everyday looks though. :)

3. Viv says

It varies to be honest. Though I’m not very often adventurous with eye colour. I am currently preferring a plum/dark lip and relatively natural looking eye-makeup, though it does vary – and I DO possess some more daring eye-makeup that gets used on some days. For work it’s usually fairly ‘safe’ all round.

Viv, the plum/dark lip and natural eyes is a beautiful looks, especially for this time of the year. And it’s nice to change look from time to time. :)