one of my favourite Barry M Dazzle Dusts is Green Iridescent, which is a sheer white shade with green shimmers that’s very sparkly and pretty. I usually use it to highlight the browbone but yesterday I decided to apply it on the lid instead. I applied it over Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy which greatly improved its colour payoff and really made the green shimmers stand out in real life, but sadly my camera couldn’t capture them. Still, I hope you’ll like the look. Because I wanted the focus to be on Green Iridescent, I kept the rest of my makeup natural and soft. Here are the photos:
– Too Faced Shadow Insurance
– Sleek Makeup I-Divine Storm Eyeshadow Palette
– Sleek Makeup I-Divine Oh So Special Eyeshadow Palette
– Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
– Barry M Dazzle Dust in Green Iridescent
– Sleek Makeup Eau La La Pencils in Nutcracker
– Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara
– Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint SPF15
– Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer
– Fyrinnae Finishing Powder Oil Control
– Milani Minerals Blush in Luminous
– Senna Pearl Glow Lip Lacquer in Sunkiss
– Start by applying a primer all over the lid (my favourite is Too Faced Shadow Insurance) to ensure your eyeshadows will stay put for the entire day.
– Apply a shimmering creamy/nude shade (I used the one in the Sleek Makeup Storm Eyeshadow Palette) on the lid. This will act as a base.
– Apply a soft and shimmering bronzy brown (I used Gift Basket in the Sleek Makeup Oh So Special Eyeshadow Palette) on the crease and blend it out. Apply the same shade on the lower lashline as well.
– Apply a matte dark brown (I used Boxed in the Sleek Makeup Oh So Special Eyeshadow Palette) on the crease but don’t bring it up too much. We’re trying to create a gradient, not cover up Gift Basket completely. Blend. Now, apply the same shade on the lower lashline too and blend it with Gift Basket.
– Apply a dark brown eyeshadow with purple undertones (I used All Wrapped Up in the Sleek Makeup Oh So Special Palette) on the eye socket and blend it slightly upwards. This will define the eye and create a nice gradient effect. Apply it on the lower lashline, just slightly underneath Boxed, and blend.
– Sweep the nude/cream shade you previously applied on the lid on the browbone area to highlight it.
– Apply a matte cream/off-white shade (I used Box in the Sleek Makeup Oh So Special Palette) on the inner corners of the eyes. It will open them up.
– Apply a sticky base for shimmers and glitters (my favourite is Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy) on the lid. This will make improve the colour payoff of the eyeshadow as well as making the shimmers stand out. If you don’t have anything of the sort, simply wet your brush with water.
– Apply a white eyeshadow with green shimmers (I used Barry M Dazzle Dust in #65 Green Iridescent, but if you don’t have it you can use any other iridescent/shimmering/glittery eyeshadow you have in any colour of your choosing; pretty much any will work with this look as the rest of the makeup is neutral and quite soft) on the lid.
– Line your upper lashline with a warm chestnut brown pencil liner (I used Sleek Makeup Eau La La Pencils in Nutcracker) and apply mascara.
– Even out the skintone with either tinted moisturizer or foundation and apply concealer where needed. Set with powder.
– Sweep a peachy pink blush with gold shimmers (I used Milani Minerals Blush in Luminous) on your cheeks.
– Apply a metallic and delicate peachy pink gloss (I used Senna Pearl Glow Lip Lacquer in Sunkiss) on the lips.