as the year is drawing to a close, I thought it’d be fun to share with you my favourite beauty products of 2012. Not all the products included here were necessarily released in 2012, though. This is just a list of products that I’ve reviewed this year and fell completely in love with. In fact, they’ve all become staples in my stash. So, what products made the list?
1. Labello Fruity Shine Cherry Tinted Lip Balm: I’ve lost count of how many tubes of this lip balm I’ve finished. This moisturizing, cherry-scented lip balm glides smoothly on the lips leaving behind a soft wash of red colour with a wet-look finish that lasts for a few hours. And it provides protection against UV rays too!
2. Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Eyeshadow: I have oily lids so it’s hard for me to find a cream eyeshadow that doesn’t turn into a creasy messy after a couple of hours, or even less. But with this cream eyeshadow, I don’t have this problem. Very pigmented, it stays put on my lids for 8 hours even without a primer! How impressive is that?
3. Mememe Blush Me: this soft and pigmented blush gives a nice pop of colour and glow to the cheeks. It is easy to blend and lasts for hours. The pretty cardboard box contains a mirror and a brush that’s actually useful!
4. MAC 217 Blending Brush: if you don’t have this brush, you should get it as soon as possible. Its soft, but dense bristles, which don’t shed, make applying and blending eyeshadows a breeze. And it works very well with both creamy and powder products. It’s a pricey brush but pretty versatile and worth every cent.
5. Sleek Makeup Eau La La Pencils: pigmented and creamy, these waterproof pencils glide smoothly on the lid without tugging, and once set, they just don’t budge. They last long on the waterline and on the lips too, and are so affordable!
6. BareMinerals Faux Tan Matte: I’m not a big fan of the tanned, sun-kissed look, but I couldn’t live without this bronzer. If used with a very light hand, this very pigmented true brown beautifully and naturally warms up the complexion, and can be used for contouring too.
7. L’Artisan Parfumeur Seville A L’Aube: this is one of my favourite fragrances ever. It’s a gorgeous oriental scent that focuses on orange blossom, and also contains green, lavender, beeswax and incense notes. It’s an original, complex, bright yet mysterious, and sophisticated scent that can be worn by everyone on every occasion.
8. Olay Total Effects Night Firming Moisturiser: my favourite nighttime moisturizer. It has a lovely texture that sinks quickly into the skin, leaving it soft, smooth and moisturized for hours. Full of antioxidants, the moisturizer temporarily reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It can also help reduce the appearance of age spots.
9. Sleek Makeup I-Divine Glory Eyeshadow Palette: a limited edition palette to celebrate the Olympics Games, it features a nice mix of bright and neutral shades in both matte and shimmery finishes. The eyeshadows are all pigmented, soft to the touch and easy to blend. It’s a very versatile palette.
10. Bellingham Soap Company Gardeners’ Hand Salve Rosehip & Beespit: this cream is a lifesaver for dry and cracked hands. The rich texture takes a couple of minutes to absorb but it does such a great job at moisturizing and healing skin that I don’t mind at all. And it has antioxidant properties too.
11. Pupa Vamp! Mascara: this is definitely the best mascara I’ve tried this year and one of my all-time favourites. It provides volume, length and definition for a dramatic, but not over-the-top, look. Its hourglass-shaped wand easily reaches every lash coating them with a dark black colour that stays put for the entire day.
12. Catrice Defining Duo Blush: don’t let the simple packaging fool you. The two blushes inside are amazing: pigmented, soft to the touch and easy to blend, they provide a natural pop of colour and a subtle glow that last for the whole day.
What are your favourite products from 2012?