QOTW: How Do You Use Glitter Eyeshadows?

How do you use glitter eyeshadows?

Beautiful with brains says: I apply them over Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy, a sticky base that really makes them stay put and stand out. I don’t use glitter eyeshadows that often though. I prefer shimmers.

Comments

1. 1

says

Se ti riferisci agli ombretti con qualche glitter, io li uso come tutti gli altri, senza particolari accortezze.
    Se invece ti riferisci ai glitter in polvere libera, utilizzo la Glitter Glue di Too Faced.

• 2

beautifulwithbrains says

LaDamaBianca, mi riferisco a entrambi. E sono d’accordo che con i glitter in polvere libera una base fatta proprio per questo scopo è indispensabile.

• 4

beautifulwithbrains says

Trisha, I prefer shimmers too. But if the glitters are fine and not too obvious, then I’ll use those too. :)

2. 5

says

I normally use a silicone gel like Monistat Anti-chafe Gel (drag-queen approved, locally), with Fyrinnae on top of it. Holds glitters and shimmers all day. Sometimes through the next day. o.o

Although, lately, I’m finding that I like a mix of mattes and glitters… whereas I used to wear entirely glittery or shimmery products. I think I’m just feeling too old for it lately, and it’s getting to be “too much”.
    BebeTaian´s last blog post ..Coveted Kimono: Spiders + Toads, Oh My!My Profile

• 6

beautifulwithbrains says

BebeTaian, wow, that’s impressive!

I guess as you get older your tastes start to change a bit and become more conservative. It’s happening to me too.

• 7

says

On one hand, I’m terrified of becoming ‘that girl’- overly conservative in looks; next step: pant suits. But on the other hand, glitter looks fabulous on rockstars, drag queens, and this one chick at the mall who’s always there… <3 but I think too much of it is leaving me look oiler than my skin usually does. I've started to wear it as a liner or foiled to look metallic in places.
        BebeTaian´s last blog post ..Coveted Kimono: Spiders + Toads, Oh My!My Profile

• 8

beautifulwithbrains says

BebeTaian, I can so relate to that. When I realized I was wearing more neutral looks than usual and liking them I got really scared. lol But I doubt I’ll ever stop wearing bright eyeshadows. I’ll just use them in a different way that suits my new tastes. I think it’s normal for tastes to change as we get older and we shouldn’t worry too much about that. It’s not that easy though! :)

3. 9

says

I prefer shimmer shadows as well, as I find glitter shadows are too messy for me. But when I do use them, I like to us LA Splash’s Eyeshadow Sealer/Base. It has a slight tacky texture that helps the glitter shadow to adhere well. I like it because it works and its very inexpensive. I’ve heard many good things about the Pixie Epoxy, sounds like a great product!
    Dee´s last blog post ..Urban Decay "Fun" Palette – Review & EOTDsMy Profile

• 10

beautifulwithbrains says

Dee, it is a great product! You should try it if you get the chance, although the LA Splash base sounds impressive too. :)

• 12

beautifulwithbrains says

Makeup, yay, another Pixie Epoxy lover! It’s amazing indeed!

And that’s a lovely way to use glitter eyeshadows without going over-the-top.

4. 13

Janessa says

I apply some sort of sticky base like an eyeliner sealer or glitter adhesive. I still have yet to buy Pixie Epoxy!

• 14

beautifulwithbrains says

Janessa, a sticky base of some sort is a must with glittery eyeshadows. And do try Pixie Epoxy, it’s the best beauty product ever!