QOTW: Do You Keep Your Beauty Purchases In Boxes?

Do you keep your beauty purchases in boxes?

Beautiful with brains says: only perfumes. As pretty as the bottles would look on my vanity, I worry that the light may spoil them so I prefer to keep them in their boxes. As for other cosmetic products, if the boxes they come in are pretty, then I keep them, but in a separate place. I can’t be bothered to take things out of their boxes whenever I use them. If they aren’t pretty instead, I’ll recycle them.

Comments

Icaria, if you wear it daily then it’s ok not to keep it in the bottle as you’ll very likely finish it before it goes bad. :)

Trisha, boxes can take up quite a lot of space indeed. I used to keep them all but then I ran out of room so I threw most of them out and kept only those that I use or that are particularly pretty. :)

Nope! I keep as little packaging as possible, with the exception of products with virtually no info on the label, when it’s all on the box. Ugh! But, I keep all of this stuff in the bathroom closet, well away from natural light. When you have as many piles of eye shadow and tubes of lip products as I do, you can’t keep the packaging for everything. But then, I never buy perfumes, either. The closest thing I have is Florida Water mixed with Egyptian musk oil and neroli essential oil, and even then, it’s dark in the cabinet where I keep it.
    BebeTaian´s last blog post ..An Obi RevisitedMy Profile

BebeTaian, I agree. Those boxes can take up so much space it’s impossible to keep them all if you have a large collection. But as long as everything is kept away from heat and light, they should be ok. And that Florida Water sounds gorgeous!

2. Janessa says

No, I don’t keep my perfume in the boxes and I just put them in a shelf away from sunlight if I care to. For skin care, I keep it in a drawer so it stays relatively cool and sunless. I want a fridge in my room for makeup so my masks and moisturizers can apply cool.
    I do keep nearly all my beauty boxes though. I think I might have some purpose for them someday.

Janessa, as long as everything is kept away from sunlight and heat, then it’s ok. And a mini fridge in the bedroom would be so cool!