QOTW: What Makeup Advice Would You Give To Your Younger Self?

What makeup advice would you give to your younger self?

Beautiful with brains says: stop applying black eyeliner on your waterline, it makes your small eyes look even smaller! And start using an eyeshadow primer, it does make such a difference! You won’t have to worry about your eye makeup turning into an ugly, creasy mess anymore!

Comments

Ana, I agree about the eyeliner. I thought I couldn’t do it either, but it just takes practice. A LOT of it.

And that’s true too. Makeup is something you have to embrace when you’re ready.

1. Lily says

Don’t think you have to wear foundation just because everyone else does. Your skin is fine as it is. You’ll also never find one that is pale enough.

Lily, so true. Not everyone needs foundation and if you don’t, you shouldn’t wear it only because others do it.

Xin, I wondered that too before discovering primers! I’d use foundation as a base but it didn’t work well at all for me.

2. Janessa says

Don’t just apply eyeliner on the lower lash line and smudge it out, it looks terrible! Just because a certain shade looks bad on you doesn’t mean there’s something wrong with you, just find a different color.
    If one type of product (such as lipstick) doesn’t work, doesn’t mean there’s none for you. There’s lots of formulations out there for everything, you just have to do some research!
    If only I could tell my younger self about your blog, too. :D

Janessa, aww how sweet! And I agree. You really need to experiment until you find the right shades and products that suit your colouring, skin type and needs. :)

Icaria, oily skin is such a pain, isn’t it? I used to be more conservative too when I first began using makeup, sticking to the basics and all that. Then I gradually discovered colours and never looked back. :)