QOTW: Did You Get Acne As A Teenager?

Did you get acne as a teenager?

Beautiful with brains says: I often had breakouts, which I thought were caused by hormones, but later found out that comedogenic skincare products were the real culprits. Once I’ve figured out what ingredients to avoid, my skin has always been fine and clear.

Comments

Oh, yes. I’m twenty now and it just started to clear up, granted my acne wasn’t horrible but it felt like it was. Now I just seem to get them around my hairline and for whatever reason, behind my ears. *shrug*

For the most part it was/still is hormonal. It was at its worst when I was 13-16ish and I tried just about everything on the market, Rx or not. Luckily that’s pretty much behind me now.
    Amanda Elisabeth´s last blog post ..Eye of the Day 11/6My Profile

Amanda, I’m sorry to hear that. Dealing with acne is such a pain, but I’m glad the problem is almost solved now. That must be a huge relief.

Nope. I think I got lucky (of course, I’m jinxing myself just saying that) but I almost never had any acne. Not even as an adult. My skin’s just clear. On very rare occasions, I might get a zit, but it usually only last for a day or two before disappearing. I have no idea why I was spared.
    Trisha´s last blog post ..Flashing My Sephora Sale HaulMy Profile

Icaria, the wrong skincare products can really cause havoc on your skin, especially when hormones are raging. We really need to be careful with what we apply on our skin.

3. Lily says

I’ve never done anything for my skin, but it’s always been clear. I’m 21 now and trying to establish a skincare routine. When I was a teenager I did get a little acne on my shoulders, but it wasn’t a lot. Then I’d get maybe a pimple once or twice a year (usually before picture day). I guess I’ve been rather lucky! My mother hardly had any acne as a teenager as well. So I think I have her to thank!

Lily, lucky you! I’m glad both you and your mother never had to deal with acne. I guess the odd pimple is normal, but it is so annoying that it always seems to appear before an important occasion!

4. Viv says

I got some break outs, but I don’t actually think that it was that serious – you know how bad you think things look when you are a teen! I have a fifteen year old boy who has very bad problems with break outs, and I do feel for him. It’s actually hard for boys, who don’t want to use ‘products’. The Simple range in the UK is great for boys – unscented, but actually WORK – would recommend it for sensitive teenagers!

Viv, that’s so true, at the age everything looks so much worse. It’s such a shame that men are so against using skincare products even when they need it. It shouldn’t be like that. The Simple range sounds lovely and because it isn’t scented you can use it without noone every knowing.