QOTW: What Brand Dominates In Your Beauty Stash?

What brand dominates in your beauty stash?

Beautiful with brains says: actually, none. I have a pretty good mix of all brands because I like to try new products all the time. I do tend to buy a bit more from my fave brands such as Pupa and Sleek Makeup, but even then there’s not one of them that dominates really.

Source: mamichan

Comments

Ana, I actually had to google these brands lol! But they have some very interesting products and I hope I’ll be able to get hold of them soon. I’m really intrigued. :)

Marina, you seem to have a healthy mix of brands too. It would be boring to stick to only one brand, wouldn’t it?

1. Janessa says

Like you, I have none that dominate. I try out whatever product performs best and all sorts of brands have products I’ve yet to try. :D

Janessa, I agree. All brands have interesting and effective products and we’d miss out on a lot of them if we stuck to only one. :)

2. Alejandra says

The problem I see is that many brands use just a “star” ingredient -like Olay with niacinamide or Caudalie with grape extracts and oils- and this ingredient is used in the whole line. Even if its a good ingredient the skin needs more than one to be healthy. And the same happens with bad ingredients, like most of Neutrogena’s cleansers that use sodium olefin sulfonate which is drying and irritating.

The same brand can have excellent and horrible products at the same time, I have a lot from different brands, if i have to choose the dominant it would be Neutrogena with 3 great products that I chose based on the ingredients and I stay away from the harsh cleanser and the toners that are mostly ethanol.

Alejandra, I agree with everything you said. Every brand has good and bad products and the only way to choose those that work well for us is read the ingredient list. I don’t have a porblem with brands having one star ingredient, but I agree that even then they should formulate their products with more goodies cos there’s only so much an ingredient, albeit good, can do on its own. And they should definitey try and avoid those that are drying and irritating instead thn adding them everywhere!