Sunday Random Ramblings, Vol.36

Hello everyone,

yes, it’s that time of the week again. Time for random ramblings. Let’s get started then:

The Big 3-0

I’m turning 30 today. It’s a big milestone and I’m not exactly sure how I feel about it. I’m happy of course, but it is also a time for reflection. My life has not exactly turned out like I expected it to (does it ever?) and there are a lot of things I was sure I would have done by the time I’m 30 that I haven’t even started yet. I also think that now I should feel all mature and grown-up, and in some ways I do, but I also feel quite young, if you know what I mean. I do, though, feel more relaxed and aware, and my outlook on life has changed.

I feel like I finally know myself, who I am, what I want in life, what I can achieve but also what my limits are. I’m more experienced and thus more confident, less scared of new challenges, and more willing to relax and enjoy life. My 20s have been full of ups and downs, but there are many things in my life that I feel very grateful for – like my family, my friends, my boyfriend, my blog and all of you lovely readers (your support means so much to me). And so, even though I feel a bit melancholy about leaving my 20s behind, I’m also excited about what the future will bring!

What I’m Reading Now

Pride And Prejudice by Jane Austen. Pride And Prejudice needs no introduction. It is one of the most famous books in the whole world and one of my favourites from Jane Austen. It is just a joy to read. The book is a bit slow in the beginning, but there are no unnecessary bits or chapters in it. The characters are well-drawn and developed and the dialogue witty, articulate and interesting. Elizabeth Bennett is just a very lovely and charming lady and it was really interesting to see how her prejudices towards Mr Darcy, whose personality appears only in the second half of the book, gradually disappear. Like in all her books, here too Jane Austen uses irony, derision and wit to expose the faults of the society she lived in. Overall, Pride And Prejudice is a perfect social comedy and I highly recommend it to everyone.

The Links

Beautyholics Anonymous reveals who owns what in the beauty industry.

British Beauty Blogger discusses the big blogs vs small blogs debate.

Ask An Esthetician wonder if UPF clothes really protect you from the sun.

Derm TV explains why you shouldn’t get Vitamin D from the sun.

Future Derm explains what natural ingredients can irritate your skin.

Sunday Survey, Vol.115

1. How many hours of sleep do you get each night?
Usually, about 7.

2. What’s your signature scent?
Seville A L’Aube by L’Artisan Parfumeur, a gorgeous and rich orange blossom scent with a incense and smokey core. It is LE so be quick if you’re interested in buying a bottle. It’s expensive but so worth it if you like this kind of scent. I’ll be reviewing it next week, so stay tuned. ;)

3. What’s for lunch?
Since it’s my birthday today, my mum made one of my favourite dishes: lasagne. She actually makes them from scratch. So yummy! Thanks, mum. :)

4. Clutch or shoulder bag?
Shoulder bag. It’s much more practical!

5. What do you think of Peter Pan collars?
I like them. They’re simple, cute and chic.

It’s your turn now!
1. How many hours of sleep do you get each night?
2. What’s your signature scent?
3. What’s for lunch?
4. Clutch or shoulder bag?
5. What do you think of Peter Pan collars?

Source

Comments

1. 1. How many hours of sleep do you get each night? Sometimes 8 sometimes 10 but to be in good shape I need 10 hours of sleep.
    2. What’s your signature scent? Tough decision…..Valentino Rock’n Rose and Truth or Dater by Madonna. I usually love Gardenia, Rose, Musk and Amber accords. :)
    3. What’s for lunch? Hmmm…:) I just got back from my small vacation last night (even though I should have arrived today) so ..I guess nothing :)
    4. Clutch or shoulder bag? Shoulder Bag for me :)
    5. What do you think of Peter Pan collars? Not for me :)
    Tavia´s last blog post ..Dior Grand Bal Holiday 2012 Collection – Sneak PeekMy Profile

Tavia, I hope you had a great time on your vacation.

And I love musk and amber accords too, they smell gorgeous!

Happy birthday!! I didn’t know that we are the same age!

1. 1. How many hours of sleep do you get each night?
    Ugh, less than 6. I can’t fall asleep for several hours after I go to bed!
    Btw, is this a typo? There are two 1s in the sentence.

2. What’s your signature scent?
    The Body Shop’s Tobacco Flower, which was unfortunately discontinued several years ago.

3. What’s for lunch?
    Japanese curry rice, which is a comfort food for me.

4. Clutch or shoulder bag?
    Shoulder bag! I’m super super forgetful and would easily misplace a clutch!

5. What do you think of Peter Pan collars?
    Don’t like them on me! They remind me of the shirts my mother made me wear when I was 5!
    K / cosmeddicted´s last blog post ..Weekly Reads #73: Aug 25, 2012My Profile

K, thank you!

Oh no, I hate it when they discontinue scents! It’s so hard to find a signature one.

And yep, that was a typo, thanks for letting me know. :)

3. Sherry B. says

Happy, Happy Birthday, Gio! The ’30’s are one of the most wonderful decades you will experience in your lifetime! Wish I could do mine again. le sigh

Sherry B, thanks! I’m glad your 30s were a wonderful time for you. Lots of people are telling me that’s a great decade and I hope it’ll be the same for me too. Turning 30 is a scary, but exciting time too. :)

Beetrice, thank you! I’m a bit freaked out at the moment, too. It just feels weird to be 30 but I really looking forward to enjoying this decade. :)

Happy belated birthday!

It’s your turn now!
    1. How many hours of sleep do you get each night?
    5-6 during weekday and maybe 12 (lol) during weekend.

2. What’s your signature scent?
    No scent is good scent, to me.

3. What’s for lunch?
    A squashed banana and a pear. (Didn’t have time…)

4. Clutch or shoulder bag?
    Shoulder bag (since I have a lot of crap to carry).

5. What do you think of Peter Pan collars?
    I think it’s pretty cute but they are not that easy to find…

Citrine, thanks!

I agree, there don’t seem to be many clothes with Peter Pan collars around and it’s a shame as they’re really pretty.

5. Janessa says

Giorgia! I can’t believe I didn’t read this on time :[! Happy happy belated birthday, Giorgia! I hope you had a WONDERFUL day and omg!! :D I’m so happy for you. What a big day.
    I actually haven’t read that book yet!!!!! I want to and I’m going to this year. I am just not much of a reader :[.
    You seriously have THE BEST links ever! Such valuable topics.
    1. 6-8 hours
    2. I don't have a signature scent yet! I saw your review and I WANT IT HAHA! I think I just might get it.
    3. Aw, that's so wonderful of her! My mom can't cook very well. I had waffles and whip cream, cereal with milk, blueberry muffin with icecream. I've started school (day two, today) and I don't have real meal lunches. More like junk :P
    4. Shoulder bag! I don't like to have my hands occupied.
    5. I love them! :]

Janessa, thank you very much! I had a lovely day. :)

If you want to read Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice is the perfect place to start as it’s less slow than some of her other works and the dialogues are so witty! I’m sure you will like it. :)

Happy Belated Birthday – turning 30 isn’t so bad wait till you’re 40! lol

1. How many hours of sleep do you get each night?
    Between 6 and 8 or more if I need it.
    2. What’s your signature scent?
    Whatever body lotion I’m wearing on the day
    3. What’s for lunch?
    Usually leftovers from the night before
    4. Clutch or shoulder bag?
    Shoulder bag always
    5. What do you think of Peter Pan collars?
    They are really cute but only certain people can wear them otherwise it just looks silly.
    Annabella Freeman´s last blog post ..Indie beauty brand of the month – Marshmallow BlendsMy Profile

Annabella, thank you! And lol. :)

I agree Peter Pan collars don’t suit everyone, but if you can get away with it, then it’s a really nice look. :)