QOTW: Have You Ever Bought A Beauty Product You Knew You’d Never Use?

Have you ever bough a product you knew you’d never use?

Beautiful with brains says: nope. I’ve bought shades I knew I’d use rarely (such as bright fuchsia lip shades, which are beautiful but I don’t wear much because I usually prefer to emphasize my eyes), and they were all from drugstore brands. Of course sometimes I buy a product which turns out not too work for me and so I never use it again, but I’d never buy something that I knew in advance I wouldn’t use just to collect it.

Comments

JennySue, that’s what I do too. There’s no point in spending a lot of money if you think you won’t use a product a lot. Especially since drugstore brands have stepped up their game lately and you can buy wonderful products at very affordable prices.

Trisha, I have bought lots of products that didn’t work for me and are now collecting dust in a drawer.. I hate when that happens, it’s such a waste..

It’s so hard to find a good eyeliner, isn’t it? They’re either sheer, hard, or smudge… These days I usually purchase UD 24/7 pencils set. They’re the best eyeliners I’ve tried and great value for money if you get them in a set. :)

Janessa, that’s great:) I usually do some research too but sometimes I come across a product that seems to work for everyone else but not me. I’m glad that hasn’t happened to you yet. :)

Makeup Morsels, I agree with you. I wouldn’t like paying for something and not planning to use it. Of course it’s sadly normal that some products will disappoint us and will never be used again.. I hate it when that happens..

Xin, I’m not sure how to use that one either lol. I hope you didn’t spend too much money for it.

Plue, those are really hard to resist, aren’t they? They’re so pretty you can’t help buying them even if you know you won’t have the heart to use them..

1. Viv says

No, I wouldn’t do that – I guess I’ve taken risks occasionally, but I’ve always truly believed that I’d use something that I’ve bought.

Viv, that’s good. No point in buying something you know in advance you won’t use, right?

Yes, I am a sucker for pretty or interesting items that look nice on my battle station. The one that comes to mind is the detailed phallic lipstick in an unflattering shade I purchased not long ago. It’s right next to my tweezers and makes me giggle in the morning.
    Rebecca´s last blog post ..Dirty NailsMy Profile

Rebecca, lol. Some items would just look so good on our vanity table that we can’t help buying them, can we?