Sunday Random Ramblings, Vol.22

Happy Sunday!

Another week has already gone by. Time really flies fast, doesn’t it? It’s already time again for some random ramblings:

Dirty Dancing

I’m usually not a fan of dance movies, but there’s one I never get tired of watching: Dirty Dancing. It’s one of those classical movies that will never be old, isn’t it? It just has the perfect combination of dancing and romance but it deals with some serious issues as well. Both Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey are very talented and they have such great chemistry. And let’s not forget the soundtrack. Who doesn’t love and hasn’t danced (although not as well ase Baby and Johnny) to (I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life? Overall, a wonderful movie that will make you smile, cry, think and dance! What’s your favourite dance movie?

What I’m Reading Now

Murder On The Orient Express by Agatha Christie. This is one of Christie’s most famous books and, in my opinion, one of the best. Poirot is travelling on the Orient Express when a blizzard forces the train to stop in the middle of ex-Yugoslavia. The next morning, Edward Ratchett, an American millionaire, is found dead. He was stabbed twelve times. The killer must still be on the train, but who is he/she? Poirot examines the crime scene and interrogates all the people on the train, but the murder seems inexplicable. As always, the Belgian detective will have to rely on psychology and his little grey cells to solve the mystery. The characters are interesting, the story is well-written and, although the beginning is slow, it soon picks up speed and you won’t be able to put it down. I usually don’t read detective stories twice, but I enjoyed this book so much I think I will revisit it in a few years’ time. Overall, an amazing read!

The Links

My Women Stuff reviews Guerlain Perles d’Azur Meteorites.

Clumps Of Mascara shares her top 6 favourite mascaras.

The Beauty Brains wonders if astaxanthin is a good sunscreen?

Beauty Fool shares some makeup tips for hot summer weather.

Future Derm wonders if Vitamin E helps or hurts a scar?

Sunday Survey, Vol.102

1. Do you karaoke?
Not really. I don’t have the guts to sing in public. I know you don’t have to be good and it’s all just for fun, but still it’s something I’m not comfortable doing.

2. What’s your skin type?
Combination: dry cheeks and oily t-zone.

3. What blush are you wearing at the moment?
Milani Minerals Blush in Luminous. It’s one of my fave ever brushes because it gives such a natural and healthy glow to the cheeks.

4. Hamburger or hot dog?
Hot dog!

5. What do you think of water beds?
I think they’re fun but I’ve heard they’re not that good for your back. Besides, I’d constantly worry about it springing a leak.

It’s your turn now!
1. Do you karaoke?
2. What’s your skin type?
3. What blush are you wearing at the moment?
4. Hamburger or hot dog?
5. What do you think of water beds?

Comments

1. I love it, but rarely do it nowadays.

2. Combination, oily T-zone. But not too dry cheeks.

3. No makeup at the moment. A lazy day. Was wearing MAC Stereo Rose MSF as blush yesterday.

4. Hamburger.

5. It sounds cool.
    Vonvon´s last blog post ..My Birthday LookMy Profile

Vonvon, Stereo Rose is such a pretty shade! And it’s good to give your skin a break sometimes.

PS: You forgot to add the 5th questions to the list (there are only 4 when I copy pasted, I had to type the 5th question)
    1. Do you karaoke? With my voice?:)) Never…I’m terrible at singing
    2. What’s your skin type? Combination and sensitive…yay I got the whole package :)
    3. What blush are you wearing at the moment? None…I’m not wearing makeup :)
    4. Hamburger or hot dog? None….I’m not into this kind of food. From time to time I like to eat at KFC but rarely :)
    5. What do you think of water beds! I think it would be fun to have one, to sit and relax during the day but I couldn’t possible sleep in it because it moves all the time, when I turn around or I change my body position…so I couldn’t sleep :)
    Tavia´s last blog post ..Orly Skinny Dip Nail Polish for Summer 2012 – Review, Photos & Nail SwatchesMy Profile

Tavia, oops! Thanks for letting me know, I fixed it. :)

That’s a very good point about water beds. I agree it wouldn’t be comfortable to sleep in them, but they’re still cool.

Time flies too fast!
    I don’t have a favorite dance movie and I have to check that one out! I’ve been loving Japanese animations lately and I’ve never paid much attention to them. During my recent movie-watching kick, I’ve discovered several movies on IMBD that are phenomenal!: Castle in the Sky, Spirited Away, Howl’s Moving Castle, Grave of the Fireflies (terribly sad).
    I’m scared of scary stories so I avoid them! I applaud you for reading every week! You are one of my idols!

1. No way! I love to sing on my own and with my grandma and sister but never in public! I feel your fear… haha
    2. Dry: dry cheeks, under eye, t-zone.
    3. Benefit Dandelion!
    4. Hamburger but only if I make it myself!
    5. -Googles ‘water bed’- wow, they look cool! I’ve never tried one but I’d be afraid that the water would smell bad over time. I wonder how long they last. ;]

Keep up your AMAZING work, Giorgia!

Janessa, aww you’re too kind. I have a friend that’s into Japanese animations movies. She’s been talking to me about those movies for ages now and I haven’t got round to watching them yet.. I really must remedy that soon, I’ve heard they’re really good.

1. Do you karaoke?
    nope, I really should go with my friends one of these days
    2. What’s your skin type?
    sensitive and combination: oily t zone, dry everywhere else. and so unreasonable. and annoying.
    3. What blush are you wearing at the moment?
    no blush, but wearing bronzer for summer :)
    4. Hamburger or hot dog?
    definitely hamburger!
    5. What do you think of water beds?
    they’re really fun, but I prefer memory foam hehe

Also, really interesting article about Vitamin E! I’ve been using it on my burn scar for months now, whoops. Although luckily it doesn’t seem to have gotten worse, so that’s good. Doesn’t seem to have helped either though.
    Makeup Morsels´s last blog post ..Keep Calm and Smile on: My Teeth-Whitening RegimenMy Profile

Makeup Morsels, I’m glad you’ve found the Vitamin E article useful. I was surprised too when I first discover Vitamin E doesn’t help treat scars as that’s such a common misconception. You may want to treat something else for your scar, and I hope it’ll heal soon. :)

1. Do you karaoke?
    – Very seldom!

2. What’s your skin type?
    – Dry combination :(

3. What blush are you wearing at the moment?
    – Not wearing blusher right now ;)

4. Hamburger or hot dog?
    – hamburger!

5. What do you think of water beds?
    – guess every night i will be worried that if there is any leakage
    xin´s last blog post ..Monday Nails: Cath Kidston Inspired…Well not quite.My Profile

Xin, I’d feel the same way if I had a water bed. I probably couldn’t sleep thinking, what if it springs a leak while I sleep? I still think they’re cool, though.

6. Viv says

1. Do you karaoke?
    No, would like to actually, but I’m quite shy!
    2. What’s your skin type?
    Dry.
    3. What blush are you wearing at the moment?
    One by Guerlain – had it for a long time, but still a favourite
    4. Hamburger or hot dog?
    Hamburger
    5. What do you think of water beds?
    No thanks!