QOTW: Have you ever tried nail art?

Have you ever tried nail art?

Beautiful with brains says: do nail stickers count? I’ve tried those but I always make a mess when trying to apply them so I’ve given up. I’d love to do a proper nail art, but I lack both the skills and the patience for it!

Comments

Sometimes I make simple layerings or use a crackle top coat, nothing more! But I’m not a big fan of nail art: I think that some designs are not elegant at all.

La Bisbetica, I forgot crackle top coats lol. I used them a few times but I’m usually too lazy to apply them regularly lol

I know what you mean. I’ve seen lots of beautiful designs and others that well.. weren’t really that good.

Aya, I suck at drawing too lol. Water marbling intrigues me but it looks so messy to do that I’ve always put it off..

Ihaven’t tried it yet, but my sister has got gel manicure although I won’t think it could be healthy. Her nails look always pretty but I don’t want to try it, I prefer the natural way.
    Grete´s last blog post ..Mein erster EintragMy Profile

Grete, I think it can look really pretty but I understand it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

I’ve got the patience bit down, now only to get the ‘skills’ one, too :D !

I really like doing something with my nails – they make me so happy each time I see them afterwards.
    I like doing the simpler nail-art, like polka dots and the like; while I admire the skills needed for louder designs, they’re just not my cuppa.

Ana, I like the simpler designs better. They are usually more elegant, not to mention easier to do. I’m not sure I could do something even that simple though as I don’t really have a steady hand nor the patience to wait for polishes to dry lol. :)