QOTW: Which Beauty Products Should Men Use More Often?

men gift set holidays 2013

Which beauty products should men use more often?

Beautiful with brains says: taking for granted the basics such as shampoos and body washes which I hope everyone uses lol, I’d say sunscreen and conditioner. I really have a hard time convincing my father, boyfriend and male friends that you need to wear sunscreen every day and not just at the beach. My boyfriend is also convinced that conditioner is something only women need and it’s no use pointing out how dry his hair is because he doesn’t use it.. :roll:

Comments

can I say EVERYTHING? haha but seriously, I’d say moisturizer and toner. guys don’t really care about moisturizing their skin until it’s too late and everything is cracked and peeling in places. as for toner, I think they should use it more often because a main problem for guys is controlling oil and most toners really help with that.
    Karina´s last blog post ..From the Owldrobe: Ylla ShoesMy Profile

Karina, I agree with you about moisturizers. Men never use it until their skin is in an awful condition. Although my boyfriend doesn’t use it and he has really soft and nice skin, and I’m so jealous!

Trisha, I so agree with you too. Sadly, they just don’t seem to get how important that is until it is too late..

Sunscreen and moisturizers, definitely. I gave my brother, for Christmas, a moisturizer with spf (thinking it’d be a great 2-in-1) but he never even touched it lol. Lipbalm too.

3. Sophie says

In my experience, body lotion. I find my brother’s as well as my fiance’s legs to be quite dry and flaky. Also, foot cream. Their heels are cracked and dry to the point where it really looks gross.

Sophie, I agree about body lotion. Men NEVER use it! And it’s a shame cos a lot of them really needs it.

Kuri, it really is hard to get a man to wear moisturizer, isn’t it? I really don’t know what they stubbornly refuse to even when it’s clear they need it bad. Must be a men thing..

Makeup Morsels, that’s a great question. Sadly, I don’t think they realise just how damaging the sun rays really are…

your post came at a very apt time…yesterday, I recieved a similar query from a guy who was askin me sunscreen suggestions and I really felt happy that people are starting to realize its importance :) yes, I have a hard time too convincing them of the need of sunscreen….leave dad I can’t convince my mom!!!
    Swati´s last blog post ..Dark and Dull Skin in summers {Reader’s Query}My Profile

Swati, aww it’s so nice to know that things are slowly changing and more men are releasing how important sunscreen is too.

LaDamaBianca, neanche il mio usa niente. Giusto un pò di crema quando la pelle si screpola…

Annabella, that’s great that your husband takes care of his skin. Well done for teaching him. :)