QOTW: Do You Use A Lip Primer?

Do you use a lip primer?

Beautiful with brains says: nope. I tried Pop Beauty Lip Magnet Primer a couple of years ago, but it was only average and did pretty much what a lip liner would do, so I’d rather use that instead.

Comments

Phlox, you’re welcome. I use lip liners too usually. I’ve tried a primer for Pop but it didn’t impress me enough to try other primers.

LaDamaBianca, sono d’accordo che bisogna sceglierne bene io. Quello che ho provato io non mi ha colpito particolarmente e mi ha fatto passare un pò la voglia di provarne altri.

LA Bisbetica, the one I tried wasn’t that good either. I think a lip liner would work just as well in most cases.

Nope, I don’t! I’ve wanted to try one but the popular several that intrigued me were full of parabens and I just don’t care to eat any. If I ever want my lipstick to stay on a long time, I’ll moisturize my lip, line it, put lipstick on, blot it, put lipstick on, blot it. :D I don’t like to set my lipstick with any powder because it makes my lips dry out even more. Of course, lipgloss on top if I care for some shine!
    Janessa´s last blog post ..Perfect Nude Liner for ALL Skin ColorsMy Profile

Janessa, actually parabens are used to preserve food too, so I’m afraid you’re eating them anyway. And you’re exposed to more parabens when you eat than when you use a skincare or makeup product. But it’s ok, because so far there is no proof at all that parabens are bad for you in the low amounts used in food and cosmetics.

But I agree that there are other ways to make your lip products last longer that work just as well. I prefer to use those too. :)

2. Sophie says

No, I like to use as few products as possible. If I want my lipstick to last, I usually put some liquid foundation on my lips. Then again, I don’t wear lipstick all that often; it’s usually lip balm and/or gloss.

Sophie, I think a layer of foundation will work just as well as most lip primers anyway. And I prefer glosses and balms too. :)

Xin, the one I tried made it last only a little big longer, not enough to justify buying it imo. I’d rather stick to lip liner or just reapply lipstick really..

Ooo I see. I knew about parabens in food but they don’t have to list them in the ingredients? Okay then, I will make sure to ignore all that controversy now. I trust you! Anyways, I realize that breathing city air is quite as bad as eating chemicals haha. I really do feel smarter after reading your blog, at least beauty and a bit of science smarter.
    Funny story: my science teachers don’t know what parabens are! Both chemistry and biology teachers.
    Giorgia, the skin on my arms (mostly from elbow to wrists) have been itching like crazy at random times of the day and my parents said I may be allergic to something? Well I’ve tried lots of lotions and they don’t seem to help very much. I was just wondering if you’ve heard of cases like this before. If it’s common, for example, to those who ____. Just curious.
    YOUR BLOG IS MAGICAL. MY browser crashed as I was replying and when I reopened it, all my text was still here (under ‘Leave a Comment’).
    Thank you so much for helping me and taking so much time to help me. :,)

Janessa, I’m not really sure how the labelling of food works tbh but I think there is no reason to worry about them as their amounts both in food and cosmetics are so minuscule that they don’t pose a threat to human health. And even if they were harmful (which I honestly doubt as they’ve been used for decades and I have yet to hear of someone who got ill because of them), what we breathe and eat will kill us sooner. And lol @ your science teachers. That’s really bad of them.

I honestly have never heard of that, but it may be an allergic reaction. Did you use any new product lately that may contain something that irritated your skin? Try using some aloe vera or chamomile on it and don’t apply any other lotion on it for a while. Once healed, use a lotion at a time to see if any of them was the culprit.

Hope this helps and you’re welcome. My pleasure. :)