QOTW: Do You Layer Nail Polishes?

Do you layer nail polishes?

Beautiful with brains says: nope, I’m too lazy lol. I love nail polish but I hate applying it. It’s so boring and time-consuming waiting for a coat to dry before applying another and if a nail polish requires more than one, I’ll use it rarely. So for me to layer polishes, I would have to fall in love with an amazing glittering or shimmering top coat that would make the extra time worth the hassle lol.

Comments

Eight, glittery top coats and flakies look gorgeous! I just wish I had the patience to use them. :)

I sometimes do layer two sheer colors like a beige and a pink to make a pinky beige and I’ll put the sheerer color on top so it shows through more. I do like to do glitter gradient nails sometimes and designs too. I love doing nail designs but I haven’t been painting my nails for the same reasons you don’t wear polish often.

Amanda, maybe. I don’t think it’s necessary to layer nail polish when they’re pigmented, unless you like the effect of course. :)

We think the same….I really hate applying nail polish only because it consumes me like 30 min….since I also have to make photos for the review….I have not problem with layering the color but OMG I do hate to wait for it to dry :) A good surprise for me where all the color from Kinetics NEON Collection because they dried instantly so it was a real pleasure to work with them. :)
    Tavia´s last blog post ..Vote the products you want to see in the next International Giveaway!My Profile

Tavia, I agree, it’s bore waiting for the nail polishes to dry. That’s why I change my nail polish only once a week and, unless I have a new polish to test for review, I make sure I wear a very fast-drying one that requires only one coat. Otherwise, I just won’t bother.

3. AshleyLee says

I don’t do it to find the perfect color, but sometimes I like to add a glossy topcoat or some sparklies. BTW, I’ve found that putting my nails under cold running water after 10 minutes or so of drying really hardens the polish and makes everything better!

AshleyLee, that must look lovely. I love some sparkles on top of nail polish, but I’m just to lazy to apply them lol. And thanks a lot for the tip, I’ll try it. :)