QOTW: What’s Your Go-To Lipstick?

What’s your go-to lipstick?

Beautiful with brains says: Sleek Makeup True Colour Lipstick in Rose Petal. It’s such a beautiful pink shade that complements any look. And it is very pigmented too.

Comments

• 4

beautifulwithbrains says

Vonvon, good for few for trying to finish what you have before buying something new. It must not easy with so many tempting shade, like Valparaisio, around.. :)

• 6

beautifulwithbrains says

Chriselle, I used to do that too but since I got Rose Petal I find myself reaching for it almost daily, it’s just so pretty. And it helps that it complements any type of look I do. :)

1. 7

Viv says

At the moment (and it HAS to change, as it’s limited) I LOVE Mac Gem of Roses – luckily I bought two when it was out :) I do love that Rose Petal though, and will make a note of it and check it out – it certainly suits you :)

2. 13

Sophie says

I have two: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Peach, and although technically not a lipstick per se, Burt’s Bees Moisturizing Lip Balm in Tiger Lily. Both very moisturizing and probably would flatter most skin shades from lightest to olive, I believe.

3. 21

says

Right now, I’m trying to avoid using the last two centimetres of my fave. lipstick. Prescriptives in Cabaret. It’s a very deep blue-toned red, somewhere between a bold wine when held to the light, and arterial blood. It stains burgundy, too, so it’s very long-lasting. But… as with so many things I love… it’s been discontinued for about two years now. I know I should throw it out, but… it’s so perfect… everything else either turns pink or orange on me!

The only way I can get a similar effect is to mix two red Nyx pencils before layering it with a thin amount of Shiro Cosmetics’ 3WolfMoon, powdered and set with SC’s Subrosia. It’s pretty close, but not *quite* the same. And it’s a lot of work. x.x But for that perfect red…

• 22

beautifulwithbrains says

Thurisaz, sounds like a wonderful red and I can see why you’re trying to make it last as long as possible. As long as it doesn’t change smell, color or consistency, you can keep using it. And what a shame it’s been discounted! It’s so annoying to find the perfect shade only to see it disappear off the market shortly afterwards. It’s good that you’ve found an alternative, but like you said, it’s a lot of work indeed…