Do You Like Reading Beauty-related Books?

Do you like reading beauty related books?

Beautiful with brains says: I enjoy reading books about the history of beauty and biographies of famous makeup artists, but I rarely read those about techniques and tips as I feel you can find the same information online for free these days. But the beautiful pictures they contain are very inspirational.

Comments

I am the same as you, history-related book usually involve so much more insteresting stories, research and some really nice graphic/documents of the sort. While those technique related one are just meh (consider we can see those in much better detail in beauty blogs), I usually just flip through the latter in the library.
    Citrine´s last blog post ..Sally Hansen Moisture Twist and Essie Go OverboardMy Profile

Citrine, I agree. You can find some many interesting tidbits in history-related books. I often flip through those about techniques at the library too but they don’t really have any new information that would make me want to actually buy the book.

Trisha, I agree. You can find a very good book every now and then, but most only provide outdated and basic advice and are not worth buying. You can find the same or even better info on blogs really.

I love love loveee reading beauty related books, they give me so much inspiration! But i’d have to admit, i can find almost everything i need to know about beauty online, so the books are quite overrated for me at the moment…. Though i still love to turn the pages of a lovely beauty book.

Manon, these books have such beautiful and inspirational photos, don’t they? I just wish they featured some new info as well so I could justify getting them.

Xin, don’t feel uncivilized! I’m an avid book reader but I know not everyone likes reading books. And these days you can find a lot of the same info online too, you just have to check the sources carefully.

Makeup Morsels, they really have some beautiful pictures. Just a shame the text isn’t as good, isn’t it?

3. Viv says

I did have one beauty book, that taught me everything when I was a uni, discovering makeup! Though now I prefer to get the info from blogs, for free :)

Viv, I can see how those books would be useful to a newbie, especially years ago when blogs didn’t exist. Now you can just find the same info online. :)

Annabella, I can never finish that kind of book either. I find them boring as the advice is usually outdated.