the year is almost over and so I thought it’d be nice to share with you the best beauty products I’ve tried in the past twelve months. Not all these products were released in 2011, but I’ve only had the chance to try them this year and was really impressed with them. Actually, I’m in love with them all and have been using them very frequently since I’ve got them. So, let’s get started:
1. Montagne Jeunesse Chocolate Masque: I’m tempted to eat this mask every time I use it, because it really smells just like chocolate! So yummy! And it’s good for the skin too: it leaves it soft, bright and clean. It also helps absorb excess oil. It’s a bit messy to use and remove, but the results are worthy it imo.
2. Make Up For Ever Powder Blush: these blushes are pigmented and so need to applied with a light hand. The texture is soft, easy to blend and, once applied, they will last for the entire day.
3. Shiro Cosmetics Loose Eyeshadows: these eyeshadows have a wonderful, creamy formula that is a dream to work with. They are available in lots of different shades, all of which are stunning and pigmented. I particularly like their selection of neutral eyeshadows because they contain shimmers and glitters that make them stand out from the boring and common brown shades everyone else makes and so appeal to bright-lovers like me too. And they are very inexpensive too!
4. Layla Glitter in Eyeliner: I’m not really a fan of glitter eyeliners but I love these because they are the real deal. Very pigmented, they provide an opaque and bright coverage in just one coat! In addition, the glitters are not too big so they’ll make your eyes sparkle beautifully without looking over the top. And once on, they’ll stay put for the entire day.
5. OCC Lips Tars: available in lots of different, and sometimes unusual, shades, these lip products are extremely pigmented and have a glossy finish. They are very longlasting and don’t dry lips, but the texture is very runny so you’ll have to apply them carefully to avoid making a mess.
6. Sleek Makeup Pout Paints: a cheaper dupe of OCC Lip Tars, they are insanely pigmented, longlasting and have a satin finish. The texture is a bit thicker than that of the OCC Lip Tars so application is easier and they don’t dry lips either. They can be used alone or mixed and matched too, but you will have to apply them carefully to avoid mistakes and stains.
7. Ecotools Brushes: these eco-friendly brushes all have very soft but dense bristles that don’t shed. They all do their job very well. My favourite is the blush brush which picks up a good amount of products and blends it effortlessly. And they are all so inexpensive too!
8. Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara: this is one of the best mascaras I have tried this year. The color is an intense black shade and, together with the simple wand and thick formula, provides lots of length, fullness and some volume too with only one coat. If you apply more, it starts to get clumpy, but you won’t have to do that anyway as one coat is really enough to get noticeable and beautiful lashes and it doesn’t smudge either.
9. Sugarpill Chromalust Loose Eyeshadows: these loose eyeshadows have a soft, finely-milled texture that applies smoothly with only minimal fallout. They are also very pigmented, longlasting and packaged in a cute jar that’s not prone to spillage.
10. Inglot Sleeks: these are some of the most pigmented lipglosses I have ever tried. They provide opaque color payoff and lots of shine to your pout, don’t dry lips and aren’t sticky. Oh, and they smell and taste delicious too!
What are the best beauty products you’ve tried this year?