Sunday Random Ramblings, Vol.2

Hello everyone,

ready for another day of random ramblings? Let’s get started then:

Dark Chocolate Chip Comfort Cookies

Truth be told, I prefer to eat food than cook it. :) Mr BWB, instead, loves both and is actually a great cook, which is a good thing cos, even though I can cook some simple dishes, they never seem to taste that nice. Oh well.. He also follows quite a few food blogs to find new recipes to make and last week he decided to make these tasty dark chocolate chip comfort cookies he saw on Bakerella. They look delicious, don’t they? They tasted even better and didn’t really last that long lol.

What I’m Reading Now

The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks. This was the first book I’ve read from Sparks and it made me fall in love with this author. I’m rereading it again and I’m loving it even more the second time. Sparks writes the most touching love stories and is capable of making even the smallest, most ordinary things seem special. The book is about Wilson Lewis, a man who has always found it hard to express his emotions. After more than 20 years of marriage, the relationship with his wife has become strained and the two are growing apart. He decides to win her back and their daughter announcing she’s getting married seem to provide the perfect opportunity for that. The end is totally unexpected and caught me completely by surprise. Overall, The Wedding is a wonderful love story that will pull at your heartstrings.

The Links

The Beauty Brains wonders whether exercise is good or bad for skin?

Makeup Files shares 5 ways to climb out of your makeup rut.

The Skin Type Blog shares 5 tips to travel beautifully.

Makeup And Beauty Blog shares 3 ways to wear red lips for people who are scared of them.

British Beauty Blogger shares her thoughts on magazine ‘Blogger Awards’

Sunday Survey, Vol.83

1. Do you remember your dreams?
Very rarely. I usually remember nightmares but luckily I don’t have them often!

2. What was your first eyeshadow?
I can’t really remember but I think it was a Pupa palette.

3. What position do you sleep in?
I curl up in the foetus position.

4. Frozen yogurt or ice cream?
Ice cream!

5. How do you feel about tinted lipbalm?
I love those that actually provide some color to your lips but most of them seem to be very sheer and just pointless. I mean, if I wanted a regular lip balm, I wouldn’t get a tinted one, you know?

It’s your turn now!
1. Do you remember your dreams?
2. What was your first eyeshadow?
3. What position do you sleep in?
4. Frozen yogurt or ice cream?
5. How do you feel about tinted lipbalm?

Comments

The red lipstick blog post is going on my weekly reads as well! This is the 2nd time that we’ve linked to the same post. I’m honored!

1. Do you remember your dreams?
    When I have an interesting dream, I write it down. It is funny to read it later on. Sometimes, I’ll have a romantic dream starring a guy I know but don’t have feelings about. Unfortunately, it makes it awkward to interact with that guy later!

2. What was your first eyeshadow?
    A Kate palette or a Canmake palette, probably. I didn’t start really loving eyeshadow until I discovered UDPP (to make my eyeshadow last more than 2 hours) and Mezaik (to give me big enough double eyelids so that you could actually see the color I was wearing).

3. What position do you sleep in?
    On my side. I realized I often sleep on the same side, so I’m trying to change it up. I wake up in really weird positions, though.

4. Frozen yogurt or ice cream?
    Frozen yogurt, simply because it’s not available in Japan!

5. How do you feel about tinted lipbalm?
    I don’t like it, because usually the balm wears off first. Then, when I reapply the lip balm, the color gets more vibrant than I intended!
    K / Cosmeddicted´s last blog post ..Review: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color in Quick Sand – one stroke nail polish?My Profile

K, hehe, great minds think alike. ;)

What a nice idea to write your dreams down. The next time I remember a good one, I’ll do it too. And that’s awkward indeed! :)

1. Do you remember your dreams?
    Sometimes

2. What was your first eyeshadow?
    I think it’s a Shiseido one, hand-me-down from my Mum.

3. What position do you sleep in?
    On my back

4. Frozen yogurt or ice cream?
    Frozen yogurt

5. How do you feel about tinted lipbalm?
    I quite like it. Especially on days when my lips peel and I don’t want to put on lipsticks/lipgloss, so I use a tinted lip balm, usually The Body Shop Strawberry Born Lippy…or something…brands like to give long names to their products…. or may be I am getting old… ;)
    Vonvon´s last blog post ..Hello Kitty Liberty Collection Haul From Boots – Shopping Day With PrincessMy Profile

Vonvon, brands definitely like to give long names to products! It’s hard to remember them all unless the product’s HG material. :) And tinted lip balms are perfect for days like that indeed. :)

1. Do you remember your dreams? Oh yes! They are very vivid.
    2. What was your first eyeshadow? Something from Estee Lauder that I got from my Mum.
    3. What position do you sleep in? All of them!

4. Frozen yogurt or ice cream? Frozen Yoghurt – I have Lactose intolerance!#

5. How do you feel about tinted lipbalm? Always in the winter time!
    Jamilla´s last blog post ..Blogger Meet in ManchesterMy Profile

Jamilla, I would love to have vivid dreams and remember them too. Unfortunately I only seem to have vivid nightmares..

You found how to center the headlines – go you :D !
    And it works – I can differentiate the sections better now.

I love the BBB’s post on the awards, even more so for the conversation it opens up.

The cookies look delish!

1. Sometimes. I like it when I do :) , regardless of their content.
    2. Oriflame Visions coraly duo, or the one with a nude and a brown half.
    3. Foetal or, in the summer, flamingo (on the side, with one leg bent in the knee and raised).
    4. Ice cream with the taste of yogurt, one of my favourites X) .
    5. I like Nivea’s Cherry one, but that’s about it.

Ana, hehe, thanks! I’m glad you can different the different sections better now. It really looks neater this way, doesn’t it? :)

I have never tried the yogurt flavour of ice cream! Must remedy that next summer!

Nivea makes some lovely lip balms. I used to love the cherry one but I haven’t seen around here in ages..

• says

It really does!

It’s very refreshing, I love it.
        But our yogurt is different than what the West considers yogurt, so I can’t guarantee for all yogurt-flavoured ice creams being equally nice.

Oh, maybe Mr BWB would be interested in Cook Almost Anything At Least Once. I love it because all the recipes are short and I can find most ingredients around here or easily substitute them (I get a bit sad when I see an American recipe that I might like, but then it’s full of “3 thin slices of xantan gum, a tbsp of corn-starch, 98% pistachio and orange flavoured cream. Just pop that into you never-heard-of-it maker and chill with liquid nitrogen”). It’s a blog by an Australian of Italian descent, so it might be even easier for you to get all the yummy ingredients.

Ana, thanks for the link to the blog. What a great find, I’ll show it to Mr BWB tonight. :) It has some wonderful recipes and they seem pretty easy to do too. And I know what you mean about hard-to-find ingredients. It is so annoying! There were a couple of recipes we wanted to do in the past but couldn’t because we couldn’t find some of the ingredients in our little town. I guess when that happens we’ll have to use our creativity and substitute the ingredients, but it sadly isn’t always possible..

1. I don’t usually remember my dreams but if I do, it’s mostly right when I wake up and then I forget it as the day goes on.
    2. My first eyeshadow is not just one but a set of Stila eyeshadows I was given for Christmas.
    3. I sleep on either side and on my back. I usually switch sides because my ear felt squished.
    4. Ice Cream! My favorite right now is a caramel ice cream by my all-time favorite brand, Breyers.
    5. I like tinted lipbalm but I find it a little pointless because when I wear a lipbalm, I expect to feel free of makeup. And with a tinted one, I will leave color on a drinking cup or wipe it off on something I don’t want to dirty.

Janessa, that happens to me too, forgetting the dreams as the day goes on. Which is really annoying as I rarely remember them anyway.

6. Viv says

Lol about the food – my dh doesn’t cook at all, and so it all falls to me – sometimes I feel like I’m running a canteen :)

Nicholas Sparks – just great for a light read – the only one I’ve actually read so far is ‘Dear John’, but I’ve got two here ready for when I get some time – I THINK The Wedding is one of them.

1. Do you remember your dreams? Quite often, yes – they’re usually very strange, and often involve me being lost somewhere and unable to find my way out. Probably says a lot, but I don’t think I care to analyse too deeply :) I used to get really bad dreams about going into my uni exam room, and not even knowing what it was I was meant to have learnt – again, very strange, especially years after uni was finished!

2. What was your first eyeshadow? Oh, I remember this so well!! It was a ‘giveaway’ in a teen mag that you sent off a postcard to enter, and it was this truly AWFUL pale blue cream shadow, that creased as soon as it was applied!!!

3. What position do you sleep in? On my front, usually.

4. Frozen yogurt or ice cream? Neither really – like kids’ ice lollies best. If made to choose, probably the ice cream.

5. How do you feel about tinted lipbalm? Not really that bothered – I’ve got a couple of the Sleek ones, as their other products are so amazing, but like you, I don’t really see the point – I prefer ordinary lip blams – oh yes, apart from the coloured Lanolips, which for some reason I DO like!

Viv, I loved the book Dear John, not so much the movie. I prefer the Wedding though. It’s a very romantic story and I think you will really enjoy it too. :)

Congrats on winning but what a shame the prize was so awful! But at least you didn’t pay for it…

7. AshleyLee says

1. Do you remember your dreams?
    I remember them if I try to. A lot are too boring or too confusing to remember. I’m a lucid dreamer, so that can be fun. And I haven’t had a nightmare in years.

2. What was your first eyeshadow?
    It was L’Oreal, something bright blue. I really overdid it with eye makeup, especially, at the beginning.

3. What position do you sleep in?
    On my side almost all the time. On my back just a little.

4. Frozen yogurt or ice cream?
    Ice cream.

5. How do you feel about tinted lipbalm?
    I don’t use it.

AshleyLee, I think overdoing with makeup is something we all do at the beginning. I know I did. But it was fun to experiment. :) L’Oreal eyeshadows were among the first I used too.