Don’t Forget To Apply Sunscreen To Your Hands

sunscreen hands

When you apply sunscreen in the morning, don’t forget to slather some on your hands, and especially on the back of them, as well. Hands are one of the first places of the body to age which is not surprising as they are exposed to the sun whenever we go out. And we’re not completely safe from those harmful sun rays when we’re indoors either, especially if we are staying near a window.

Because of it, we should pay as much attention to our hands as we do to our faces. After all, what’s the point of spending lots of money and time to have young-looking, smooth skin on our faces if our wrinkly hands will give our real age away? Be sure to protect your mitts daily with a broad spectrum sunscreen or, in alternative, with a hand cream that contains SPF 15 or higher.

Your hands will thank you for it!

Comments

I totally agree…and our chests as well…I watched an interview with supermodel Paulina Porizkova who said she wished she applied more sunscreen to her chest area because it got much wrinkles much faster than her face and neck which she was careful with.

Astrorainfall, I agree. Our chests are another place where we often forget to apply sunscreen and it is so important to apply it there too. We should just slather it on on all parts of our body exposed to the sun if we don’t want one area to age faster than the rest.

Harshlees, that’s great! It’s so important to wear sunscreen every day and reapply it throughout the day, especially when going outside.

Ashley, I can see why. Some sunscreens are so greasy and uncomfortable when applied on the hands. But if you don’t want them to age faster than the rest of your body, then wearing sunscreen there is a must. Maybe apply most of it on the back of your hands, as that’s the part that gets the most exposure.

Amanda, oh no! But it’s great that you apply sunscreen anyway, that will at least slow down the aging process.

Gaye, that is really a shame. You should try to apply some on your hands just after you put some on your face if you don’t want them to age faster than the rest of your bodies. It may seem like a unnecessary thing now, but you’ll see a great difference in 10 years’ time if you apply it.

I used to be so proud that I had super smooth, young looking hands. I don’t know what happened, but all of these wrinkles showed up on my hands one day and they aged 10 years overnight! I never, ever wore sunscreen on them until a few years ago, so it’s no surprise I guess:(
    Jeni´s last blog post ..Reviva Labs Hyaluronic Acid SerumMy Profile

Jeni, oh no, I’m sorry to hear that. Sadly, that’s what happens when we don’t wear sunscreen since we’re little and it’s even more unfortunate that the full benefits of sunscreen were ignored by most people until a few years ago..

Isabella, that’s so true. We should all remember to apply sunscreen to our hands to prevent premature aging.