QOTW: Do You Match Your Nail Polish To Your Makeup?

Do you match your nail polish to your makeup?

Beautiful with brains says: only on special occasions. Otherwise, I just wear whatever I want, based on my mood.

Comments

Vonnie, you change it daily? wow! I’m too lazy to change it that often lol.

And that’s a very worthy cause!

Trisha, I’m like you and believe that we should wear what we are in the mood for. :) But I think that wearing matching nail varnish and makeup on special occasions makes you look more polished, which is what I aim at for those events. :)

1. leo says

not intentionally: sometimes I match my dress to my nail polish, and then I match the makeup to the outfit… so MU and NP are more or less matched (following or contrasting the dress colour).

That’s a good question. I don’t do it intentionally but if I’m wearing purple eyeshadow and just HAPPEN to have purple nail polish on, I usually never notice.

3. Ashley says

Toenail polish, never – I’m married.

For fingernail polish, yes, on special occasions. Otherwise, I do think about it when I’m planning my makeup (and outfits), but it isn’t a major factor.

Ashley, I agree that it’s usually not a major factor, although it’s nice when everything is coordinated. For special occasions, I think it’s a nice touch.

4. Viv says

No. To be honest, my nails are awful at the moment – I had gel nails back in the summer, and never ever again. My nails are in dreadful condition, and all that I use on them (apart from special occasions) is a nail conditioner, which does seem to be helping a little – only one more cut before the worse damage is gone :)

Viv, I’m sorry to hear that, how awful! I’m glad nail conditioner seems to help and I hope you’ll nails will be in good condition again soon. :)