QOTW: Do you wear eyeshadow that matches your eye color?

Do you wear eyeshadow that matches your eye color?

Beautiful with brains says: yes! Green is my favourite eyeshadow color actually. It may not make my green eyes pop as much as complimentary colors do, but I like it and wear it anyway. :)

Comments

Jenn, thanks.I’m glad you like it.

There really isn’t any reason not to wear an eyeshadow color that matches that of your eyes if you like it, is there?

Not very often. First, I have color changing eyes. Sometimes they’re green. Sometimes blue. Sometimes gray. So it’s hard to keep track. And if I do use those colors, I do because…well…just because. I rarely think about the fact that they match my eyes.

Although…I do complement my eye color sometimes. I’ll choose plums because they go good with green. I guess.
    Trisha´s last blog post ..5 Ways to Handle a ComplimentMy Profile

Vonvon, thanks!

And I agree. We should use what we feel like wearing instead than following some silly makeup rule lol.

Jeni, oh yes, I remember the choice of colors was very limited when I was in high school too. I’m glad that’s changed and eyeshadows are easily available in every shade at all price points these days.

2. Viv says

No, not all the time! My eyes are cool grey/blue unfortunately (how come four of my five children have the same gorgeous green eyes as you? – the youngest one has my eye-colour, poor thing). The problem with matching my shadow to my eyes is that the rest of me is totally warm colour – red hair, freckles, very fair skin – so warm colours are definitely my colour of choice. Perhaps that does explain why I do sometimes like grey shades though!

Viv, I’m sure you have beautiful eyes! I can see why you prefer to wear warm shades, although it’s nice to wear a matching color too every now and then.

Annabella, I love purples too. They look great on green eyes. And yay for wearing blue eyeliner. Blues are hard to pull off but I think that’s an easier, but fun way to wear them.