QOTW: Do you think there are times when we shouldn’t wear makeup?

Do you think there are times when we shouldn’t wear makeup?

Beautiful with brains says: I think wearing makeup is always acceptable, but there are times when it should be kept at a minimum like when attending a funeral or visiting someone at the hospital. However, I think that wearing makeup at the beach, pool or gym isn’t really necessary.

Comments

1. Viv says

When swimming? I don’t think it really matters usually – and quite often I don’t wear makeup during the day, unless I’m at work!

Viv, I think in most situations it doesn’t really matter whether you wear makeup or not. It depends on how you feel. When swimming I don’t think it is necessary either though.

Amanda, I don’t think wearing makeup is often necessary but it does help make people feel better about themselves when going out. I do wear it most of the time but if I go to the baker’s or something like that I won’t always bother lol. But sunscreen is always a must, I agree.

Vonnie, I agree! There are times when you need to tone it down and go for a natural look, but wearing makeup is acceptable everywhere.

Definitely! Sleep overs, camping trips, and anywhere else when nature is the main key of beauty. I agree with you, but I think in the pool, bright colors are fun but makeup should be kept to a rare minimum. Still not necessary though, like you said. :]

Janessa, I hadn’t though of camping. But I agree. When you’re spending time in nature makeup isn’t really necessary.

Definitely when exercising, or at a funeral. There are lots of time where I just don’t wear makeup b/c I don’t feel like it, but I think it is acceptable in most situations. Just up to you whether you feel like wearing it or not! :)
    Makeup Morsels´s last blog post ..Tea for TwoMy Profile

Makeup Morsels, I completely agree with you. It just depends on the individual rather than the situation imo.

Ashley, I think it is always acceptable, although there are occasions when it’s best to wear natural makeup instead than say, a bright look.

Alex, I see your point. Makeup is a way to express your personality and one should wear whatever they feel comfortable in. I think most of the time that’s possible but at sad events such as funeral, I think it is best to tone things down.