QOTW: Do you wear a swim cap?

Do you wear a swim cap?

Beautiful with Brains says: well, I never go swimming so I don’t need one. But if I did, I’d certainly wear one to keep my hair out of my face and protect it from chlorine in the water.

Source: Genista

Comments

Jamilla, that gel sounds really lovely and must works so well as you have beautiful hair. What a shame that Kerastase products are so expensive though.

La Bisbetica, some of them can be very uncomfortable indeed. :( But they are also handy and avoid a lot of damage to hair.

1. Viv says

No, never – I HATE them. I love the feeling of being in the water, have always loved to swim – especially under water. I love the feeling of the water going through my hair as I swim. Yes, I appreciate that I’m strange! I know that the chlorine isn’t good for my hair, but I do deep condition etc regularly, and use an anti-sun product on it, so hope that negates some of the damage :)

Viv, you’re not strange. That is a lovely feeling indeed even though it’s not the best thing for hair. But if you take good care of your hair, you’ll definitely be able to minimize the damage.

Makeup Morsels, I like it too, it’s a fun cap isn’t it? I don’t think I’d wear it though..

2. leo says

My mother had a swimcap just like that… I loved it!! :)
    I swim regularly, and I have to use one (it’s mandatory in public pools), but I can’t stand rubber or silicone caps as they pull my hair: so I wet well my head when I shower before entering the pool, put on some balm or oil and wear a thin lycra cap; when I’m out of the water I rinse my hair thoroughly, and use a chlorine-neutralizing shampoo (kiehl’s makes a great one).
    I never wear a cap when swimming “freely” in the sea, though!

3. Ana says

I haven’t been to the pool in ages (litteraly) since I haven’t had the time during mylast couple of summer breaks.
    When I do go swimming, I go to the river, so chlorine isn’t a problem.

Those few times I go to the pool, in the winter, I don’t wear a cap – my hair is short and it’s a once in a blue moon occasion.

Ana, once in a while won’t do much damage, I agree. I hope you get the chance to go swimming more often. :)

Ha, I don’t foresee myself wearing a swim cap anytime in my near future. I remember wearing the rubber ones when I was a kid, and they were so uncomfortable because they’d pull your hair. Then I remember buying a swim cap in college, or after that, because I wanted to swim laps for exercise. But that cap was made of swimsuit material, which was comfortable, but my hair was wet after swimming, so it seemed pointless. Now I just swim with my hair out of the water if I don’t want it to get wet.
    Jeni´s last blog post ..LashDip Semi-Permanent MascaraMy Profile

Jeni, it’s hard to find a good swim cap, isn’t it? I think that if you don’t go swimming too often, you don’t necessarily need one as long as you take good care of your hair afterwards. Being careful to keep your hair out of water is a nice alternative too.

5. Bo Hansen says

Many people do not know how to use a spimcap properly…
    Some put it on crooked and the warter come ind….
    Laten, Silicone, lysra swimcaps can not kee hear dry properly… That fact.
    But only keep you hear out of your face an make you swim litle faster…

IF you want your hear dry under swimning you had to buy a old fasion bathingcap like bubble bathingcad WITH chinestraps AND maybe use at silicon or a latax seimpam under it…. AND buy the Bubble bathingcam in a size ther af fit.
    Now i guarantees yours hair are dry under yours swimning…

BUT if you hair go to your leg you got to accept wet hair or no swimcap who fit you.. only solution if accept wet hair or cut you hair.

NOW put it on proberly