Comments

Vonnie, me too. They are easier to work with. And I have to try that Clinique mascara. I never apply makeup on my bottom lashes cos I always make a mess when I try but the Clinique one seems to do the job well. :)

La Bisbetica, that happens to me too with big wands and I hate it! :( Small wands are better as they are easier to control.

Kuri, I think big wands have their uses and they can work well. But if you have small eyes like me, it’s just so easy for mascara to end up everywhere if you use a big wand.

I use small wand to the lower lash and big one on the upper lash.
    I still keep looking for the volume waterproof mascara with small wand for my thin lower lash but I find only big wand.

Adia, I think big wands are better are providing volume which is bad news for me cos I have small eyes and I find them really hard to control..

2. meibaola says

Small, too. I am using Benefit Bad Gal right now and I am hating it, exactly because the wand is so big and chubby, I keep sticking it in my eyes. Before this, I was using Clinique High Definition, and hated that too, because the design of the wand (brush on one side, comb on the other), made it bulky and somewhat hard to manage, and I kept punching my eyeballs with it: not pleasant! Also, if the wand is too chubby, how do you get to coat those so important outer corner lashes? Btw, my favourite mascara is Clinique High Impact: the wand is big enough to provide volume, but not so much that I have trouble controlling it.

meibaola, some types of wands aren’t easier to control at all. It’s a shame especially when the mascara itself is good. The wand just ruins it for you doesn’t it? I like the wand of Clinique High impact too: it’s not too big, not too small and just gets the job done without accidents.

Annabella lol. I’m glad someone appreciates big fat wands. They didn’t seem to get much love so far. :)