QOTW: Do you like liquid eyeliner?

Do you like liquid eyeliner?

Beautiful with brains says: I like the bold effect but I think liquid eyeliners (especially black ones) can sometimes be too harsh for everyday looks. They have to come with a felt tip though cos I just can’t draw a straight line when the applicator is a brush!

Comments

I actually like them, but I agree on you re: the black ones, they are overwhelming for daily looks! That’s why I go for the Dark Brown version, much more natural :D

Nikki, dark brown shades are perfect for the daytime. I agree with you they look more natural.

Vonnie, using gel/cream liners is definitely easier. I often have problems with applying liquid eyeliners, especially if the applicator is a brush.

Jamilla, I agree that gel and pencil liners are more user-friendly. Liquid ones are hard to apply and mistakes are usually more difficult to fix too. :)

Karina, I love gel liners too! But the red-black color sounds really pretty. I’m sure that, with a bit of practice, you’ll be able to rock it soon. :)

Jackie, I agree that black is too harsh unless a bold look is what you want. Browns are better for everyday. :)

Sometimes. I think they can look great, but I almost always manage to mess them up. I’ve been using the Liner Sealer by e.l.f. (comes in a double-ended tube with primer on the other side) — it can turn any powder shadow into a liner, and works pretty well!
    eight´s last blog post ..Yes, this will be happeningMy Profile

Eight, I often mess them up too! lol. I wish they were easier to use as the result, when done right, is beautiful. The Line Sealer sounds like a very interesting product!

I like the look of them, but I rarely end up using them. I bought a black with glitter one last year and don’t think I’ve used it once! It’s just easier for me to use a regular pencil eyeliner. I really want to get the Stila glittery colorful liquid liners that are out now, but I’m afraid I’ll spend all that money and not use it. But they are so pretty!
    Jeni´s last blog post ..Yikes! The UV Index Is 11+My Profile

Jeni, that black glittery shades sounds gorgeous! But I agree with you, using regular pencil liners is easier and quicker. I rarely buy new liquid eyeliners because I barely use the ones I have too.

Xin, I think liquid eyeliners are good for bold lips. For everyday looks, gel liners are better. Like you say, they look softer and more natural. :)

Tammy, I have your same problem. Getting a straight line with liquid eyeliners is not easy. Shame, really.

Paris, I’m like you. I can manage liquid eyeliners in pen format. But if they come with a brush, I just can’t draw a straight line!

La Bisbetica, I’m the opposite. I find pencils and gel liners really easy to use and I love felt tip ones. I’m clumsy with those that come with a brush! lol

Makeup Morsels, I agree, they are definitely very longlasting. If only they were easier to apply lol.

4. Amy says

Liquid eyeliner – a nay for me! it’s so difficult to apply, just couldn’t get it right so. prefer pencil and gel/cream eyeliners as it much easier and faster to apply.

Amy, I prefer pencils and gel liner for the same reasons. Liquid liners are so hard to apply! I find those that come in pen form are quite easy to do but if they have a brush applicator instead, there’s no way I can draw a straight line.

5. Ana says

With a felt tip, love them.
    With the brush – I love them on others, but have no skills to do a line with them myself.

Ana, it’s so difficult to apply those that come with a brush. I never learned how to draw a straight line with them either.