QOTW: Do you try to get other people interested in makeup and skincare?

Do you try to get other people interested in makeup and skincare?

Beautiful with Brains says: I used to try but have given up as no one I know seems interested in the beauty world. I can’t even convince people how important it is to wear sunscreen everyday. *sighs*

Comments

Marie, I’m so glad to hear that, you made my day. :) It is so important to wear sunscreen everyday and I’m glad you’re now doing it too. Now I just have to convince my friends to do it as well..

Marina, people usually ask me too. I guess that’s what happens when everyone knows you are a beauty addict eheh. But I still sometimes give advice to my friends and family on how to take care of their skin properly but they don’t seem to care lol.

i try with my blog and on facebook/twitter….in real life, I try because I work at Ulta so I’m always convincing people to try things out and with my friends/family i’m always trying to get them to spruce up or let me make them over :) they’ve caught on a lot more

Vonnie, lucky you, I would love to work in a shop like Ulta too. And your customers are lucky too to be helped by someone who actually knows about makeup and beauty (most SAs here just don’t have a clue really). :)

Vonvon, eheh. It can be frustrating when people don’t listen to you, especially about sunscreen. It’s so important to use that. *sighs*

Krista, I get that too, the weird looks, especially when I tell them to use sunscreen daily. People here seem to think it’s something you need only at the beach. It must be a cultural thing or something… And yay for starting your own blog and connecting with other beauty addicts eheh. :)

2. Mandy says

It’s not really a conscious effort but i do try somehow! haha I don’t care if they follow the advice or not, i think it’s worth something just increasing their awareness so they can decide whether they wanna take action in due time.

Mandy, I agree with you. I think it’s important to educate people and raise aweaeness, and then it’s up to them to decide what to do. You can’t do more than that really.

Yes, and sometimes I even succeeded! Recently I finally convinced my father to use sunscreen when he works in the garden and I get one friend of mine into the world of on-line beauty shops. But many suggestions, like eye shadow primer and brushes, are still not taken seriously.

La Bisbetica, yay for succeeding! Well done. :) I hope people will start listening to your other tips now too.

Makeup Morsels, I so know how you feel! I keep telling my friends how important it is to wear sunscreen every day and they look at me as if I’m nuts. It’s sad cos I know they’re gonna regret it when they’re older but what can you do?

I don’t talk to them about it anymore since they don’t listen, lol! BUT they do come to me for beauty advice when they want it. Then I tell them that they should’ve listened to me blab about it earlier, haha!

Ana, I’m sure that would get some people interested.. and it’s a nice way to give people advice without them feeling like you’re talking down to them. :)

5. Prettykitty says

Im 11 and when i grow up its my flipping dream to be a fashion and beauty consultant! Yes I try to get people intrested in fashion & beauty, it works sometimes!

Prettykitty, that’s a wonderful job, I wish all the best with it! And it’s great that you’re already succeeding in getting people interested in fashion and beauty. :)