QOTW: What’s Your Favourite Beauty Store?

What’s your favourite beauty store?

Beautiful with brains says: Sephora! It has so many brands to choose from! It can be a bit overwhelming at times though. Unfortunately I don’t have one near me so I do most of my shopping at Limoni, an Italian beauty store that has both high-end and drugstore brands. Oh, and when I’m in the UK, I always go to Superdrug. The testers and counters are often messy and gross (eww) but they have so many wonderful drugstore brands like Barry M and Sleek.

Source: mrkathika

Comments

Makeup Morsels, that’s great, I love bargains! Should I ever go to the States, I’ll be sure to check it out. :)

I would say ULTA.

Why not Sephora? Because most brands like UD, Too Faced, Lorac (just a few examples) are also available in ULTA. But Sephora doesn’t have NYX, Napoleon Perdis, Essence, and other drugstore brands. Of course, Sephora is not drugstore and also has brands found there and not in Sephora, like Tarina Tarantino, Tokidoki, etc.

It’s hard to choose. But I would be most happy if there is a Sephora and an ULTA like side-by-side to each other? ;P

In the UK, I like Superdrug and Boots(sometimes). But yea, I agree with you on the testers and counters….ewwww….
    Vonvon´s last blog post ..A-Blush-A-Day- Nos 29 &amp 30- MAC Mineralize Skinfinshes – Refined &amp Light Flush – Swatches &amp ReviewsMy Profile

Vonvon, a Sephora and an Ulta side by side would be so awesome! I have never been to Ulta but if I lived near one I think it would become my favourite shop too for the huge selection of brands in all price ranges. I’m usually a drugstore girl but there are few shops here that offer a huge selection such as Sephora hence why it’s my favourite. I would love it if they started carrying drugstore brands too but then Sephora is not a drugstore. lol.

I love Boots too, I find the testers there are in a better condition that those in Superdrug but I think the latter has a better selection of drugstore brands. But they really need to take proper care of their testers!

And no worries, we all make typos from time to time. ;)

• says

Yea, one example of messy dirty testers in Superdrug was the NYC Mono City Shadows which Karen of MBB was writing about. In her blog and photos, the eyeshadows looked so lovely, and I am sure they are. But the NYC shelf in the Superdrug in city centre where I always visit is in such a condition that I never bother to have a second look, hence forgot that NYC is available in Superdrug. But because I like the shades (thanks to Karen, the power of bloggers!) of those eyeshadows, I searched high and low for them, and they were actually right there, and I almost missed it. The tester drawer was falling apart, and I couldn’t even pull out the drawer completely to swatch the shadows. Oh well, not to mention it was so dusty, etc …think you got the idea. In the end, I just bought 2 colours, Luxury Reborn and I Love NY. Like I need more browns or whites. The pulling factor to purchase was the price drop. Haha! Before it was GBP2.99, and now GBP1.79!

Anyways, the conclusion is…..no matter how good and how pretty a product is, manufacturers/distributors must make sure the store/counter they place their products for retail must be in tip top condition to help sales.

Oh dear…..I talk too much….. must be the beer I had after dinner… LOL! :P

Vonvon, you don’t talk to much and you are absolutely right. I reading reading that on your blog and I was disgusted but, sadly, not surprised. I had seen a lot of testers in poor condition, but those in Superdrug are the absolute worst! It’s like no one ever bothers to clean them up or even put them in their right place. Now, whenever I know I’ll go to the UK and visit Superdrug, I make a list of what I want to buy (thanks to beauty bloggers) and stick to that cos even if I see something that I like, I know I won’t be able to test it and could end up just wasting my money. Keeping testers in good condition helps drive sales and they are not doing themselves any favours by not taking proper care of them.

Trisha, I agree with you. Sephora has a great selection of brands. Too bad neither of us has one nearby..

La Bisbetica, I like Acqua&Sapone too. It some nice drusgtore brands but I wish they had a bigger selection. The shop in my town, at least, is quite small.

Sephora for the pricey stuff and Target for the drugstore stuff. The prices drugstore brands at Target are usually less than actual drugstores. I also love Ulta, but I’m not there as often because the sales people aren’t helpful, and sometimes just plain rude. It’s all about having a good shopping experience, you know?
    Tammy´s last blog post ..Question- Do You Curl Your EyelashesMy Profile

Tammy, I agree with you that it’s all about having a good shopping experience. There is a store here called Galeazzi that it has some good quality but lesser known brands that aren’t available anywhere else in my town (but thank goodness for online shopping) but I never go there because the SA just jump on you as soon as you enter and even if you tell them you don’t need help they keeping staring at you and following you around like you were a thief about to steal something. And if you ask for help, you can tell they don’t really know anything about makeup/skincare but just repeat the claims the products make (cos we can all trust those..). Shopping should be fun and if you are not enjoying yourself, what’s the point? I’d rather take my money somewhere else then.

Sephora is my favorite beauty store, but I get overwhelmed when I go in there, and I want everything, but usually end up buying nothing because I don’t know what to choose. I buy most of my beauty stuff at Target, or online, and I like getting stuff on sale and using coupons, which you can’t really do at Sephora. I’ve also been going to Ulta a lot because I find a lot of $5 off coupons for them, and they accept manufacturer coupons too. But their regular prices are higher than Target.
    Jeni´s last blog post ..Pretty HurtsMy Profile

Jeni, I feel overwhelmed too when I go to Sephora, there are so many products to choose from. I keep a wishlist of stuff that I want and can only get there so that helps choosing what to buy. That is great that Ulta has lots of coupons, lucky you! Drugstore brands never go on sale here!

Xin, you’d better visit it soon then! :) It’s great that Sephora is finally available in Malaysia too!

4. Mylanqolia says

The German drugstore chain dm though I can’t find any Catrice products there. But it sells my fave baby cream and shower gel, so it’s my fave here in Germany. If I lived in the UK, I’d say Superdrug. Shame that they don’t expand. :-(

Mylanqolia, you know I was checking out the dm website a few days ago and they seem to have a lot of nice things. I’m glad they sell two of your favourite products. And it’s be awesome if Superdrug expanded! I love that store, they have so many great brands (although they really need to learn to take better care of their testers).

We don’t have CVS, Walgreens, Target and stuff like that here :( I like Sephora, but I’m not crazy about it. We do have Hondos Center, which basically has high and low end brand, as well as beauty supplies, but everything has become so expensive, so I prefer shopping online most of the time ;)
    Stavroula Plag´s last blog post ..New Sigma Giveaway Winner vol 2!My Profile

Stavroula, it’s a shame that those US drugstore shops don’t have shop in Europe too. They seem to have lots of great brands at such affordable prices. :( It’s the same here, brands are increasing their prices all the time so I’ve starting buying most of my makeup online *sighs*