QOTW: How long does it take you to get ready for a special occasion?

How long does it take you to get ready for a special occasion?

Beautiful with Brains says: about an hour. I just like to take my time when getting ready. But if I really am in a hurry, then I can do it in 30-40 minutes.

Comments

it’s a whole day affair! when i went to the janet jackson concert, I went shopping for perfect patterned hose, bought a couple new makeup items, then came home and did my nails, had a twitter discussion on how i should do my hair, did my makeup, took pics for the blog…..I like to take my sweeeeeet time lol
    vonnie´s last blog post ..Beauty Looks for Charity- Japan Disaster ReliefMy Profile

Vonnie, I hope you had fun at the concert! And one needs time to get ready for occasions like that. :)

La Bisbetica, there’s nothing wrong with being slow. It’s better than doing things in a rush and make a mess. :)

Xin, it would take me a lot longer if I had to blow dry and style my hair too, I’m helpless with hair lol. But it’s great that you’re so quick.

I would say probably 45 minutes or so. I try to get ready as fast as I can because I don’t really like doing it. I know that sounds weird since I have a beauty blog, but my goal is to have good skin, etc. to cut down on getting ready time. Lately I’ve been joking that it takes twice as long to look half as good as I used to:(
    Jeni´s last blog post ..An Insider’s Guide to Medical SpasMy Profile

Jeni, you look great! I don’t particularly enjoy getting ready too. I love doing my makeup (and that’s what takes up most of my time when getting ready) but everything else I just wanna do as quick as possible.

3. Ana says

About an hour.
    I usually know about special occasions in advance, so my hair is done (whatever that might mean in that particular case), my outfit is chosen, body-prepping has been done, too.

So, about an hour if I’m doing makeup.
    5-10 minutes if I’m just curling my lashes and gelling my eyebrows.

Although, since I live an hour (at least) from anywhere where a special occasion might be hosted… my preparing starts about 2-2,5 hours before an event.

Ana, I think it’s the makeup that takes up most of the time when getting ready eheh. And it’s good that you prepare most things in advance, it saves a lot of time. :)