QOTW: Do you prefer your lipglosses to be sheer or pigmented?

Do you prefer your lipglosses to be sheer or pigmented?

Beautiful with Brains says: Pigmented! But I also like them to be semi-opaque. I like to wear glosses on their own so they have to have enough pigment for the color to show up on bare lips.

Source: melancholy rose

Comments

Brittany, the Vichy gloss is pretty indeed! I’m not a fan of sheer glosses but they are nice to use when you only want to hydrated lips without adding color to them. :)

1. Ana says

Pigmented.
    I can sheer it out easily.

With sheer… I kinda don’t understand what I bought :/ . Hm, does it make sense?

Trisha, that’s a good point. I think sheer glosses have their pros, they are easily wearable and go well with bold eye makeup and are great for layering for example, I just prefer mine pigmented. It would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing though. :)

ooh thats actully quite a hard question! i think i perfer both depends what my eye makeup is that day i suspose as its nice to have the high shine glossy effect but then again nice to have a pow wow pigment colour effect lol x x x

Sammie, I’m not a fan of sheer glosses but they have their purposes. And it’s nice to have both sheer and pigmented glosses in your stash to use them for different occasions/looks. :)

Makeup Morsels, I agree with you. Some sheer glosses are nice and they go well with a smokey eyes, but when they are practically clear, they are pointless imo.

i think they have different uses, i used pigmented ones when im lazy to put on lip colors, and sheer ones when i need my lip color to shine and pop!

Valerie, I agree. They have different uses indeed and some sheer glosses are nice to give some shine to your pout. It’s just when they are clear that I dislike them.

4. Mylanqolia says

I prefer a sheer one in combination with a gloss and when I don’t feel like doing bold lips. But if I don’t want to apply any lipstick but want some colour on my pale lips, I grap a pigmented lip gloss. But I have to admit that I’ve chosen mainly lip balm latey. Due to the cold weather my lips are as dry as the desert.

Mylanqolia, they both have their uses and it’s nice to be able to choose between pigmented and sheer based on our moods. :) I’m sorry to hear your lips are dry, damn weather! I so can’t wait for spring to arrive!