Looks: Christmas at the Circus!

Hello everyone,

no, I know it’s not Christmas (in fact, it’s the last day of the holidays today, how fast they flew by!) and no, I didn’t spend it at the circus. I just wanted to show you a look I did during the holiday season with the Sleek Circus palette. I decided to use green and red, which are very festive shades, although I’m not sure the look I created with them was very Christmassy. It’s definitely a fun look though and I hope you’ll like it:

Products used:
– Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Sleek I-Divine Circus Palette
Sleek I-Divine Original Eyeshadow Palette
– Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Zero
– Layla Love For Lash mascara
– YSL Teint Singulier Sheer Powdercreme Veil Foundation
– Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Porcelain
– NYC Blushable Creme Stick in Big Apple Blush
– Wet n Wild Cover All Concealer Palette
Senna Pearl Glow Gloss in Sunkiss

Directions:
– Apply an eyeshadow primer (I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance) all over the lid to make the eyeshadows stay put all day.
– Apply a white shade (I used the one in the Sleek Circus palette) on the inner lid and inner corner of the eyes.
– Next, place a yellowish green (I used the one in the Sleek Circus palette) on the middle of the lid and blend where it meets with the white shade.
– Sweep a not too bright red shade (I used the one in the Sleek Circus palette) on the outer part of the lid and into the crease. Blend well.
– Highlight the browbone by sweeping a pale yellow shade (I used the one in the Sleek Original palette) on that area.
– Darken the outer V by using a black shade (I used the one in the Sleek Circus palette). Place just the smallest amount of black in that area with a pencil brush and then blending it using a blending brush till all the harsh edges have softened.
– Sweep a dark purple shade (I used the one in the Sleek Circus palette) on the lower lashline.
– Line your upper lid with a black eyeliner (I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Zero) and apply mascara.
– On your face, apply your usual foundation (I used YSL Teint Singulier Sheer Powdercreme Veil Foundation in no.5) and then concealer (I used Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Porcelain) to cover dark circles or any other imperfection you may have.
– Sweep a pink creme blush (I used NYC Blushable Creme Stick in Big Apple Blush) on the cheeks and highlight the cheekbones, middle of the nose and chin with a white highlighter (I used the white shade in the Wet n Wild Cover All Concealer Palette).
– Sweep a pink gloss (I used Senna Pearl Glow Gloss in Sunkiss) on your lips and you’re done!

Comments

• 2

beautifulwithbrains says

Tisha, thank you. It took me a lot of time to blend all the colors but I like how the look turned out. :)

• 4

beautifulwithbrains says

Dao, thanks, I’m glad you like it. I love the cream stick. It has just the right amount of pigmented to give a nice pop of color without worrying about applying too much and looking garish and the shade is very pretty. Thanks for sending it to me. :)

• 6

beautifulwithbrains says

Citrine, thanks. I love lime green shades and that one is very pretty. Reds isn’t an easy color to pull off on the eyes but the one in the Sleek Circus palette is not too bright or too red, which makes it a tad easier to use it.

• 8

beautifulwithbrains says

Makeup Morsels, thank you! I love to wear bright and fun combos, even though they don’t always work lol. I think it does in this case as the red I used wasn’t too intense.

• 10

beautifulwithbrains says

Vonvon, is it? I knew they celebrate it on a different day but didn’t realize it was today lol. :)

Thank you. This lime green has strong yellow/gold undertones which is one of the reasons why I love it so much. I thought it was perfect for the holiday season. :)

1. 13

Mylanqolia says

I never get tired of seeing your crazy eyeshadow combos. So wicked! :-) To be honest, I’d give it a go, too, though Crimbo is over. I just love the colour combo. You defo deserve standing ovations, dear, for doing this fab fun eye make up!

• 14

beautifulwithbrains says

Mylanqolia, aww thank you! I love doing this type of looks, they’re so bright and fun. And I do like to try new and crazy color combos. I did wear it outside the house and I got a couple of weird looks but most people seemed to like it lol. :)