do you remember my last experiment with gold and green? While I did like the colors used and their placement, a couple of products weren’t that easy to work with and, as a result, the look didn’t turned as well as it could have.
So, today I decided to experiment again with green and gold but instead than redoing the previous look with different products, I decided to do something different. This time, I wanted a look that was both colorful but soft and elegant that would look great for the upcoming holiday season. It really is a simple look to do, but this time I was very pleased with how it turned out so, without further ado, here are the photos:
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Sleek I-Divine Storm Eyeshadow Palette
- Beauty From The Earth Eyeshadow in Lavish
- Manhattan Multi Effect Eyeshadow in Metal Green
- Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner 24H in Black
- Layla Love For Lash mascara
- YSL Teint Singulier Sheer Powdercreme Veil Foundation
- Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Porcelain
- Milani Minerals Blush in Luminuous
- Wet n Wild Cover All Concealer Palette
- Senna Pearl Glow Gloss in Sunkiss
- Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Rose Petal
- Apply an eyeshadow primer (I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance) all over the lid to ensure your makeup will stay put all day.
- Sweep a matte dark brown (I used the one in the Sleek Storm palette) on the crease.
- Apply a gold shade (I used the one in the Sleek Storm palette) on the inner part of the lid and of the inner lower lashline.
- Apply a shimmering yellowish green (I used Beauty From The Earth eyeshadow in Lavish) on the middle part of the lid and blend where it meets with the gold.
- Apply a dark, olive green (I used Manhattan Multi Effect Eyeshadow in Metal Green) on the outer part of the lid and the crease. Blend well. Apply the same shade on the lower lashline too.
- Sweep a pale cream highlighter (I used the one in the Sleek Storm palette) on the browbone.
- Line your upper lid with a black gel eyeliner (I used Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner 24H in Black) and your waterline with a green eyeliner (I used Prestige Eyeliner pencil in Kiwi). Apply mascara.
- On your face, apply your usual foundation (I used YSL Teint Singulier Sheer Powdercreme Veil Foundation in no.5) and then concealer (I used Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Porcelain) to cover dark circles or any other imperfection you may have.
- Sweep a peachy pink blush with gold shimmers (I used Milani Blush in Luminuous) on the cheeks and highlight the cheekbones, middle of the nose and chin with a white highlighter (I used the white shade in the Wet n Wild Cover All Concealer Palette).
- Sweep a pink gloss (I used Senna Pearl Glow Gloss in Sunkiss) and, using a lip pencil, apply a pink lipstick (I used Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Rose Petal) on top of it.