How To Use Yellow Concealer

After talking about green and pink color corrective concealers, it’s now time to find out how yellow ones work. And when I say yellow, I do not mean yellow-based concealers. No, I mean, just yellow. Just like with green concealers, these too look weird and scary at first, but they can be a precious ally when you’re not feeling too good..

Yellow concealer warms up the complexion

We all have days when we feel tired, wan and ghastly and our faces show it. But what can we do to hide signs of fatigue? Apply a swipe of yellow concealer or primer, of course! Yellow adds warmth to the skin and makes it look brighter and overall better. Apply it with a light hand on your skin and no one will notice you’re not feeling your best!

Yellow concealer reduces pink and red tones

Green is not the only color-corrective concealer that can hide redness. Yellow concealers can do that too. So if you have any red spots like acne, scars, rosacea or just blotchy skin, or any other blemishes that’s pink-toned, but not a green concealer at hand, grab a yellow one to hide them.

Yellow concealer hides dark circles

On the color wheel, yellow is right opposite purple and blue, which means it can neutralize these shades. Yellow concealers, in fact, work very well at hiding (or at least greatly reduce the appearance of) dark circles, which usually have purple and blue undertones. Be careful not too apply too much though, or they can look cakey.

Have you ever used yellow concealers?

Comments

• 2

beautifulwithbrains says

Dao, you are right. Yellow concealer is tricky to use for those with Asian skin. I think a flesh-toned concealer is better in that case. :)

1. 3

Marie says

Thanks!
    Yes I use one (from Avene) for dark circles, but now I’ll use also for redness.
    Please, what do you think about the “Concealaholic”‘s palette of benefit? Do all the products (that are in it) match with fair skin or not (because of the others colours? I wanted to try in a shop but it was a very old palette as “tester” with all dry, so I wonder if all could be useful if I shop one)? Thanks again!

• 4

beautifulwithbrains says

Marie, I have fair skin and was thinking of getting this palette but in the end decided not to cos at least 2 of the colors would have been too dark for me. Lemon Aid, Eye Bright are suitable pale skin and depending on how fair you are, you might even be able to use the lightest one of the two Boi-ing shades in this kit (01 Light, while 02 Medium is way too dark). Also the Erase Paste in no.2 is way too dark for pale skin. Even their palest shade is too dark for me! The palette is a cheap way to try several Benefit concealers at once, but only if you don’t mind not being able to use 2 or 3 shades in it.

2. 5

Marie says

Ok: Thanks a lot! On the photo, it seems that we have quite similar skintone, so I learn a lot here by reading you, but for this reason it’s a more help to see how make up looks!

• 6

beautifulwithbrains says

Marie, you’re welcome. Glad I can help. And you’re right, it’s so useful to learn and see what people with a very similar skintone use. :)

3. 7

says

I use a yellow loose powder (Ben Nye Banana Visage and Smashbox Halo) to help neutralize foundations that are looking too pink
    Yellow-based concealers are great for concealing dark eye circles but I prefer using an orange corrector underneath
    Connie´s last blog post ..Tutorial- Fall EasilyMy Profile

• 8

beautifulwithbrains says

Connie, that’s a great tip, thanks for sharing.

Orange is another great shade to cover dark cirlces, I agree. And I think it’s great that we have several options to choose from and use to best suit our needs. :)

• 10

beautifulwithbrains says

Makeup morsels, thanks. I like green for redness but sometimes it can look a bit unnatural so a yellow one is a valid alternative. :)

• 12

beautifulwithbrains says

Xin, I tend to use mostly flesh-toned concealers as well but it’s nice to have other shades as well to target any particular skin concern one might have. :)

• 20

beautifulwithbrains says

Stavroula, thanks. I rarely use mine as well, lol. Only on days when I’m really tired and needs something to brighten up my complexion and make me look decent lol.

• 22

beautifulwithbrains says

Nancy, have you thought about using a green concealer? That should cover the redness well.

4. 23

dms says

My best find for rosacea – smashbox green primer all over. i don’t use foundation over it. just the green. does the trick and my large pores don’t really “let” me use foundation bc it “pools” in them and i look like i’m speckled with light dots. Anyway, short story: After cosmetics shopping with my friend, we went to dinner. As usual, my face got incredibly red after one bite of salad. I put the primer on half of my face and my friend was shocked at the difference. LOVE it for that. never tried yellow bc my face is typically bright red and the green worked.

• 24

beautifulwithbrains says

Dms, I’m glad you’ve found something that works so well for you. And thanks for sharing. I’m sure other people with rosacea will find it helpful. :)

5. 25

Michelle J Harris says

I am african american with dark under eye circles. I have 2 yellow concealers. I wear it every day. With or without makeup. My friends love it too!!

6. 27

cathy says

I have tried green before to cover redness, but the thing is, it makes you look pale, really white even, so you need foundation for sure. I am going to try yellow for dark area inside corner of eye. But I did not know yellow would be good for redness too!

• 28

beautifulwithbrains says

Cathy, yes, it works quite well for redness too. It’s a great alternative to green concealers, which can often leave a greenish white cast on skin. :)