How To Use Pink Concealers

A while ago, we talked about green concealers and how they can be used to counteract redness. But green is not the only unusual color concealers can come in, so I thought it’s be nice to also talk about the other color corrective shades and what they do. Let’s start with pink. Pink concealers can be very tricky to use as they won’t work on everyone, but if applied correctly they can be very useful. But how do you know if they’re right for you?

Pink concealers cover redness

On the color wheel, pink is right opposite green which means it can counteract it. Hence, why pink is used to cover up green veins and I guess it could be used for blemishes as well although that’s not very common as green or flesh-toned concealers are preferred for that.

Pink concealers hide dark circles

Some makeup artists and experts use pink to cover dark circles while others think it should be avoided at all costs. So, who’s right? Well, both. Let me explain. Most people have a bluish/purple undertone and in that case, pink won’t do anything for you. Well, actually it could make things worse. Remember in art class how when you mix pink with blue you get purple? So, if you use pink concealer on blue/purple dark circles you could actually accentuate their tone instead than concealing it. If you still wanna use one, remember to apply a flesh-toned concealer on top.

However, people with darker skintones may have dark circles with grey undertones so, in that case, pink concealers can be very helpful. But whatever your undertones are, instead than using pink concealers, it is preferably to opt for salmon concealers that have a hint of pink in them as they will help better cover very dark circles, while looking more natural and even brightening up the eye area. But make sure the dark circles are well-hidden or the brightness will just attract unwanted attention to them.

Pink concealers brighten skin

But what pink concealers do best is brightening skin. If you have dull, sallow skin or are looking for something that makes you look fresh and bright after a bad night’s sleep (use it on the inner and outer corner of the eyes to look more awake), then pink concealer is your best friend. Just apply a couple of swipes and you’ll instantly see the difference!

Do you use pink concealers?

Comments

1. Marie says

Hi! My mother does because she has dark circles.
    I use a yellow concealer for my blue circles, on the inner side of the eyes. But please, what do you think about this?: under the eyes, my circles are more pink (like dark pink). Do you think it’s like redness and that I can use pink concealer there or a light concealer (beige and not a coloured one, under the eyes?).
    Thanks for all!

Marie, hi.

If you dark circles are pink, then using pink concealer may accentuate the problem. I think your best bet is to use a full coverage flesh-toned/yellow concealer or a concealer with some pink undertones. Hope this helps.

I don’t use pink concealers, but I have used pink-based highlighters. They do work well for brightening up my skin tone. I’ve using pink concealers under my eyes & they work pretty well – I just can’t put too much because then it looks ridiculous, haha.
    Dee´s last blog post ..And We Have A Winner!My Profile

Dee, I love pink-based highlighters, then brighten up skin very well. As for concealers, they can be tricky. Less is more with them I think.

Dao, I love pink finishing powder, then brighten up your skin so well. Haven’t used it in ages though lol, it’s time I repurchase it I think. As for pink concealers, I don’t think they are a must have as usually green or salmon ones work just as well, if not better for some people. But you should one buy a concealer palette with a pink one, it’s nice to know how to use it. :)

Nikki, you’re welcome. I don’t think pink concealers are must but they sure are a nice thing to have in your kit to brighten up sallow complexions. :)

Stavroula, I’m glad this helped you. Pink concealers can be tricky so if you have never tried them, I suggest getting a concealer palette like those two in the pictures above which are cheap and contain several shades. I know you don’t have wet n wild (what a bummer!) but most brands make these palettes these days so you should be able to find a good and inexpensive one. :)