QOTW: What’s Your Favourite Red Lipstick?

senna cream lipstick venetian red

What’s your favourite red lipstick?

Beautiful with brains says: to be honest, I don’t have many red lipsticks as I don’t feel confident enough to wear them. Besides, it’s hard for me to find a shade I can pull off. My absolute favourite is Lancome Color Fever in Frivolous Rouge (as it is called in Europe) or Dancefloor Red (its name in the USA). It’s such a beautiful cool, true red with a shiny finish that is very wearable and almost all skintones could rock it. And it’s so creamy and moisturizing too!

Comments

Nikki, I think that’s a favourite of many as it suits most skintones. I’m glad you like it too. :)

Anastacia, I love Sleek lipsticks. I don’t have many reds either as I don’t use them often. :)

Pinch, that’s gorgeous! I haven’t worn red lips in ages either. I love the look, just not on me. :)

Xin, red’s not an easy shade to pull off is it? It can look a bit weird sometimes, at least on me it can. :)

Trinidad Pena, that’s too bad. The search for the right red is so hard. I found the Lancome one by accident. It was a sample in a magazine and was surprised to find out it looked good on me. No red suited me before. I hope you’ll too find a shade that works for you soon. :)

Dao, they really are. Why can’t we all have teeth like that? Oh, I remember seeing you wearing that shade, it’s beautiful and really suits you. :)

1. Mylanqolia says

Oh, yes, my kingdom for those flawless teeth! Which kingdom, btw? ;-) My fave red lipstick shade is the Annayake treatment lipstick in 68 dynamique. I absolutely love this colour. It’s just perfect. :-)

Mylanqolia, if I had a kingdom, I’d gladly give it for those teeth lol. ;) I didn’t know that brand but I googled it. Looks like an amazing red from the promo pix I saw. :)

Lavender, the Lancome one I love is a sample too. I should use it more often but I don’t. It’s just so hard to pull off red lips. :(

2. fuzzyleo says

Hello Giorgia! I’m a newcomer and like your blog a lot!!
    I love red lipstick in the winter, when I’m paler and wear a lot of black. My favourite is Chanel La Laque n. 75, Dragon. It has a blueish cast that suits perfectly my cool skintone and makes teeth appear whiter! ;)
    Minuses: it’s exp€n$ive and a mess to apply (you definitely need a lip brush), but once it’s on, it’s fantastic and really long-lasting.

Fuzzyleo, hi! Thanks for visiting and commenting and I’m glad you like my blog. I hope to see around often. :)

I’ve been lemming that shade for ages, it’s so beautiful and pigmented but it’s too bad it’s so expensive. I’m glad to hear it’s longlasting and works so well though. :)