QOTW: What’s your favourite mascara?

What’s your favourite mascara?

Beautiful with Brains says: the best mascara I’ve tried so far is Chanel Exceptionnel De Chanel mascara. It takes a while to learn how to use the wand, but when you do, you get volume and length that lasts all day without clumping, smudging or flaking. If it weren’t for the price, it’d be my HG. I also love Pupa mascaras, they add lots of length, an intense black color and are longlasting. I’m still looking for my HG though.

Comments

Tavia, I love Lancome mascaras, they lenghten well and get your eyes noticed but in a natural way. Too bad they are so expensive though.

Olivia, I haven’t tried that yet as I don’t have a Too Faced counter near me but I’m really curious to. :)

my hg mascara has to be covergirl’s lash blast. i like how it’s cheap, non-flaky and doesn’t weigh my lashes down. i’ve never tried high end mascara :)
    mimi´s last blog post ..hong kong haulMy Profile

Mimi, that sounds really good. :) When it comes to high-end mascaras I have only tried those samples that come with magazines, GWP or travel sets. I still can’t get myself to buy a full size one at retail price when there are lots of drugstore of mascara that work well too.

Trisha, I love Max Factor mascaras but I haven’t tried that one yet. I will have to remedy soon. ;)

Tavia, I’m glad you like Max Factor mascaras too. I think they are some of the best among drugstore mascaras. The False Lash Effect I haven’t tried yet but it’s on my lemming list, from the reviews I read, it sounds wonderful too. :)

Dharma, I only tried Diorshow Iconic and really liked it. I’m intrigued in trying Blackout now too..

Carrie, that’s the second vote for this mascara, must be really good. I definitely need to try it. :)

I also love L’Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black very much. Nothing comes close to it. I’ve tried DiorShow and Lancome Definicils but they don’t come even close to the intensity Carbon Black brings.
    Dao´s last blog post ..Where Have I BeenMy Profile

Dao, really? To be honest, I’ve always been skeptical of L’Oreal mascaras as most of them don’t work that well for me but you guys are really making me want to try Carbon Black. It sounds great and I’m intrigued. :)

Vonvon, that’s a great. I don’t really care much about length, but I like the volumizing and no-smidging part. :)

I love maybelline colossal mascara… I use it all the time.. it doesnt flake for me and it gives my mega volume and length. I have been using it for about a year now (obviously new tubes) but I havent found anything what I loke better. Before I used to use Cover Girl Lash Blast…it was pretty nice too.

Ashley Nicole, that sounds great. I’m always looking for a mascara that gives volume and length without breaking the bank. I’m not too keen on the big wand though, but I’ll give it a try. :)

“I’m still looking for my HG though.”
    Me, too. :-) I like to use the one by Catrice but it isn’t perfect. And every mascara I tried and used couldn’t improve the result of my fine lashes. I would appreciate it if the make up brands start to add the aspct of the different hair types. I don’t want to be fooled again and again by unrealistic promises of massive lenght and volume if my hair hair type hates the formula. There are 100000000 shampoos for each hair type, so why aren’t there 10000000000 mascaras for each hair type? I’d love to ask a brand if it’s possible to carry this mad idea out but hmmm, they would say no. :-(

Mylanqolia, I think that would be a great idea. I dob’t know what brands don’t do that already since there seems to be a product for everything these days. Marketing-wise it will be a good move I think but product-wise, I don’t know. I have often been disappointed by products designed for my skin type or hair type for examples, and with mascaras, the claim they usually make are so unrealistic and impossible to achieve or they wouldn’t use fake lashes in their ads to begin with. But still, I think it’s something companies should look into. It’d be great if people with different lashes could have different products that really work for them. :)

5. Ana says

L’Oreal’s FeatherLash is my HG.
    My mother bought it for me during some 2-for-1 offer (I got a regular one and a waterproof one in the same package) and I wasn’t expecting much. But WOW!

Longer, feathery lashes, with no clumps and easy to remove (all this regarding the regular, non-waterproof version)?

It works great for me since I like the natural-only-more-visible look.
    Beautiful, simply – beautiful!

[The only downside is the same I have with other non-waterproof mascaras - I curl my lashes and the curl goes down after I've applied mascara.

On the other hand, waterproof formulas, which retain the curl, are harder to take off at the end of the day; the same goes for the waterproof version of this one and it... well, it doesn't get clumpy, but it feels like it could.]

Ana, that mascara sounds wonderful, I have to give it a go. It’s a shame it doesn’t hold a curl but I guess the perfect mascara hasn’t been invented yet.

6. Laia says

I love Max Factor Xperience mascara, as it adds volume and length at the same time with no clumping. I really like how it keeps in place all day and it’s not pricey at all!
    I also like Clarins wonder volume, max factor’s false lash effect and OF COURSE helena rubinstein’s lash queen which is terribly expensive but works wonders in terms of volume and impact.

Laia, Max Factor Xperience mascara sounds wonderful. I really like Max Factor mascaras but I haven’t tried this one yet, will have to soon. It’s good to know that helena rubinstein’s lash queen works well too considering how pricey it is. I wish it were cheaper though lol.