QOTW: Do you prefer to wear lipgloss alone or over lipstick?

kryolan lipstick 01

Do you prefer to wear lipgloss alone or over lipstick?

Beautiful with Brains says: I’m lazy so I usually wear lipgloss alone. It’s easier and it looks so pretty and glossy! But when I decide to wear lipstick, unless it has a wet-look, glossy finish, I apply some lipgloss over it.

Comments

I used to like wearing lipsticks, then I discovered that actually wearing lipgloss, esp the more pigmented ones, is much easier, as gloss is more liquid, and when you apply too much, or a bit off, it’s easier to fix by wiping the excess off with a tissue. Part of my laziness, really.

So, it’s lipgloss for me most of the time. But I still wear lipstick for time to time, and with either a clear gloss layered on top or colored gloss to make my own individual colors. ;)
    Vonvon´s last blog post ..Les Floralies Sniff Boxes – Good Nights SLEEP -amp FOCUS In The Morning And An OverviewMy Profile

Vonvon, that’s the other reason why I prefer glosses, they are much easier to apply. Just one swipe and you’re good to go and if you make a mistake, you can easily fix it with a q-tips. Lipsticks take longer to apply, especially darker or bright ones as they usually require you to use lip liner too. Well, it’s not mandatory but I think lips look better and more defined that way.

Connie, me too. I think lipsticks look better with some gloss on top of them. And depending on the gloss, it can also be moisturizing.

Trisha, I used to be like that too, but I now I wear gloss with lipsticks. But most of the time, I stick to gloss only.

Marina, I usually wear gloss with lipsticks that are creamy or have a slight shiny finish. It’s rare that I wear them with matte ones. :)

Most of the time I wear lipgloss alone because I don’t own more than 2 or 3 lipsticks which I don’t use more than 10 times a year. Sometimes I line my entire lips with lip pencil and after apply lip gloss. :)

Tavia, I don’t own many lipsticks either as I don’t wear them much anyway. I never thought of using lip liner will lipgloss though, I should try that. :)

Pinch, for certain occasions lipstick alone is more suitable, I agree. But I just love glossy lips so I like to apply a gloss on top. :)

I wear it alone and over a lipstick – it’s depends on the time limit in the morning. A lipstick need a tiny bit more work and time to be applied as a lip liner is mandatory. Otherwise the lips look quite messy. A lipgloss is something for the fast and furious,err, no, I mean, the lazy ones and I’m too lazy sometimes. ;-)
    Mylanqolia´s last blog post ..An Oriental Secret and a Raspberry SouffleMy Profile

Mylanqolia, I agree with you. Gloss is easier to apply and you don’t have to use a lip liner so it’s a better choice for days when you have more time to apply your makeup (or for the lazy ones like me lol).