DIY Beauty: Pamper yourself with a milk bath

A great and luxurious (without spending a lot of money ;) ) way to pamper yourself after a long and tiring day is a milk bath. Milk acts as an exfoliant, getting rid of all the dead skin cells on the surface, and also has moisturizing properties, making your skin so soft and silky smooth! I know you’re tempted to try it, so if you’re not allergic to milk, go ahead and prepare one of the following recipes. And once you’re done, you’re in for a treat!

1. Simple Milk and Epsom Salts Bath

Ingredients:
– 50g of milk powder
– 1 cup of Epsom Salts
– a few drops of an essential oil of your choice

Mix the essential oils and Epsom Salts in a bowl and once they are well combined add the milk powder. Keep mixing until the mixture is rid of clumps. Add some of the mixture to your bath and store away the rest.

2. Milk and Cornstarch Bath

Ingredients:
– 1 cup of powdered milk
– 1 cup of cornstarch
– a few drops of an essential oil of your choice

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until the mixture becomes clump-free. Add some to your bath and, if you made too much, store the rest.

3. Honey Milk Bath

Ingredients:
– 1 cup of powdered milk
– 1/4 cup of honey
– 1 tablespoon of almond oil
– 2 cups of hot water

Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until all the lumps are gone. Then, add it to your bath.

Have you ever tried a milk bath before?

Source: Dennis Wong

Comments

Paris, that sounds wonderful! It must be an even more pampering experience at a spa. It’s a shame you don’t have a bathtub though, it’s so nice to bathe in milk sometimes at home.

Marina, I’m glad you do too, they’re so nice, aren’t they? I’ve never tried using olive oil but I will now, thanks for the tip. :)

Trisha, you have to try it. It’s so wonderful and luxurious and it’s amazing how smooth your skin feels afterwards. :)

I took a milk bath once. The milk passed the expiration date and I had to dump it down the drain. I chose to bathe with it first and my skin was amazingly soft afterward.
    Dao´s last blog post ..Smoke Out FOTDMy Profile

Dao, that’s nice that you still found a use for it. Bathing in milk is a wonderful experience isn’t it?

Tavia, that’s not silly. Lots of people prefer to shower as it easy and you waste less water than when you take a bath. Personally, I like to relax by taking a long, hot bath. I could stay in there for an hour or more and get lost in my thoughts but most days, I just shower, cos it’s more practicle and faster. :)

2. Pamela says

Can you use milk from a container or do you have to use powdered milk? And how much do you need to add to the bath so it will work effectively?

Pamela, both types of milk can be used. As for the quantity, it depends on your preference. Usually one or two cups are enough, but you can use more if you like.